Shoegaze/Dream Pop Thread

3 minutes ago, Mars said:

I guess everyone was ... russian to get one

rx2BSbITn1BhcRmvBmX9VX8rdlOMqsDA9dAzsq_i

Really though, they seem to be in the tradition of releasing a run of < 200, pricing it at $40+ PPD, and dropping it before sunrise in California.  None of which are particularly convenient.  Looking forward to having a break next year.

On 11/26/2021 at 1:02 PM, etphonehome said:

I'm glad I checked this thread. I've been waiting a while for a repress of this. Thanks!

1 hour ago, OldKentuckyShark said:

If it was $22 shipping for it like the repress of Radiogaze,  then I’m not so bummed anymore that I didn’t spend $57 on it

When ordered together it was $22 for first and $12 for the second album.  Saved $10, which helps the average of $17 each.  I have seen shipping for items within the US as high as $13-15, so not unjustifiable coming from overseas.

14 hours ago, ganaar7575 said:

When ordered together it was $22 for first and $12 for the second album.  Saved $10, which helps the average of $17 each.  I have seen shipping for items within the US as high as $13-15, so not unjustifiable coming from overseas.

Oh it’s pretty standard for oversees shipping.  I just have decided to not buy albums that require oversees shipping to since it pretty much costs the same as buying a record domestically. 

On 12/3/2021 at 10:35 AM, Derek™ said:

rx2BSbITn1BhcRmvBmX9VX8rdlOMqsDA9dAzsq_i

Really though, they seem to be in the tradition of releasing a run of < 200, pricing it at $40+ PPD, and dropping it before sunrise in California.  None of which are particularly convenient.  Looking forward to having a break next year.

Repress is coming!  They always do a limited first press now it seems.  They try to do it to hit all time zones as best as possible, but yeah someone always loses. 

Also, I am *SO* glad I said "fuck it, it's $5" and added Constants - The Foundation, The Machine, The Ascension to a recent Discogs order.  I listened to a few seconds and knew my girlfriend liked the singer as she likes SOM, but mannnnn this album fucking SLAYS.  It's so good!  I had Pasiflora and felt lukewarm about it, i didn't like the production, and this album has a bit lower quality but in a nice way that compliments the music.

If you guys don't know this, get on it now!

https://constantstheband.bandcamp.com/album/the-foundation-the-machine-the-ascension

7 hours ago, Gumbo72203 said:

Repress is coming!  They always do a limited first press now it seems.  They try to do it to hit all time zones as best as possible, but yeah someone always loses. 

Also, I am *SO* glad I said "fuck it, it's $5" and added Constants - The Foundation, The Machine, The Ascension to a recent Discogs order.  I listened to a few seconds and knew my girlfriend liked the singer as she likes SOM, but mannnnn this album fucking SLAYS.  It's so good!  I had Pasiflora and felt lukewarm about it, i didn't like the production, and this album has a bit lower quality but in a nice way that compliments the music.

If you guys don't know this, get on it now!

https://constantstheband.bandcamp.com/album/the-foundation-the-machine-the-ascension

Constants hardly ever get talked about. At one time during the Sheath pinnacle, I had all 3 pressings of this album, now just the /300 Cream. Will Benoit is one seriously talented individual, multi-instrumentalist and Radar Recording Studio owner. Got to meet him when he was playing bass for Rosetta on the Utopioid tour. 

Will's vocals (to my ears) sound like 3 different singers for the first 3 albums, and maybe a 4th on Pasiflora. I must confess in a pinch, I will listen to the 3rd record, The Ascension, when I don't have time for the whole album. Probably 6 or 7 times I've done that. Parts 1 and 2 are excellent , but Abraxis I through ...Passage would be my recommendation if you want to check them out but don't have time for a triple LP.  Passage may be my favorite track, perfectly placed on the journey.

And yes, I would buy Nostalgia on vinyl in a heartbeat!  

1 hour ago, drds89 said:

Constants hardly ever get talked about. At one time during the Sheath pinnacle, I had all 3 pressings of this album, now just the /300 Cream. Will Benoit is one seriously talented individual, multi-instrumentalist and Radar Recording Studio owner. Got to meet him when he was playing bass for Rosetta on the Utopioid tour. 

Will's vocals (to my ears) sound like 3 different singers for the first 3 albums, and maybe a 4th on Pasiflora. I must confess in a pinch, I will listen to the 3rd record, The Ascension, when I don't have time for the whole album. Probably 6 or 7 times I've done that. Parts 1 and 2 are excellent , but Abraxis I through ...Passage would be my recommendation if you want to check them out but don't have time for a triple LP.  Passage may be my favorite track, perfectly placed on the journey.

And yes, I would buy Nostalgia on vinyl in a heartbeat!  

Right on, I haven't gotten there yet actually haha.  We made it through about track 5 or 6 on the way to and from our gig last night.  What I love is how every song goes right into the next one.  It's like jamband music!  XD XD

Any thought as to which variant sounds the best?  They have the cream and black/clear on Bandcamp. 

22 hours ago, Gumbo72203 said:

Right on, I haven't gotten there yet actually haha.  We made it through about track 5 or 6 on the way to and from our gig last night.  What I love is how every song goes right into the next one.  It's like jamband music!  XD XD

Any thought as to which variant sounds the best?  They have the cream and black/clear on Bandcamp. 

The only variant I have listened to is Cream, no problems

Our label Kanine Records is offering 20% off their current releases right now with code "only42nite" so if you were so inclined to preorder our upcoming LP "Possessions" you can get it at a discount at the moment. Hope to save you a few bucks! https://weareblushing.bandcamp.com - Cheers! (michelle from Blushing)

spacer.png

53 minutes ago, Gumbo72203 said:

Any of you here buy the Mondaze - Late Bloom vinyl?  there's no discogs entry so i'm curious to see pictures of some of these variants if you guys have 'em!

if you don't know the album fix that pronto!

https://mondaze.bandcamp.com/album/late-bloom

Bought from Quiet Panic on Bandcamp, but haven't heard anything about these shipping.  Definitely looking forward to receiving and spinning.

1 hour ago, Derek™ said:

+1 for Mondaze love.  It's not breaking boundaries in the genre but it scratches that Whirr / Nothing itch for me, better than most bands are capable of.  As far as "newgaze" is concerned I'm enjoying it even more than anticipated releases of this year [Slow Crush, Tennis System, etc.]

I gotta check it out. Especially after the nothing gig on Friday got canceled at showtime.

4 hours ago, Derek™ said:

+1 for Mondaze love.  It's not breaking boundaries in the genre but it scratches that Whirr / Nothing itch for me, better than most bands are capable of.  As far as "newgaze" is concerned I'm enjoying it even more than anticipated releases of this year [Slow Crush, Tennis System, etc.]

doesn't always have to be groundbreaking to be good my friend!  Sometimes the old family recipe, done right with quality ingredients, yields the most satisfying results :)

I'm also not familiar with Tennis System.  Where start?

13 minutes ago, Gumbo72203 said:

doesn't always have to be groundbreaking to be good my friend!  Sometimes the old family recipe, done right with quality ingredients, yields the most satisfying results :)

Personally, the PAIN EP or Lovesick.

3 hours ago, Gumbo72203 said:

I like the old stuff, start from the beginning and take your time.

On 12/20/2021 at 4:27 PM, Gumbo72203 said:

Technicolour Blind is theeeee best by far (imo).  But seriously.  Go start to finish.  Find their Future of Our History very first album if you can.  Maybe Youtube.  No streaming anywhere.  Had a vinyl release last year.  But it’s great.  Teenagers available on streams and is their most raw imo.  Even more than Future.  Technicolour is dreamy punk gaze & is a 10/10 album imo.  Pain is great & leads right into Lovesick which is grittier.  And Autophobia is like a mix of Technicolour & Hundredth’s newest.  I personally like it more than Lovesick but it doesn’t touch TB.  Autophobia is really addictive.