Shoegaze/Dream Pop Thread

On 2/23/2022 at 5:23 AM, Gumbo72203 said:

I'll jump into the fray and say that those Tennis System albums did not move me at all.  I don't get it.  It's too... weird for me.  I want my shoegaze to be relatively straightforward. 

I can't get into Tennis System at all either.  To me, it sounds like pop punk ran through a shoegaze filter.  I'm guessing that's primarily due to the vocals though.

4 hours ago, radiatorhums said:

I can't get into Tennis System at all either.  To me, it sounds like pop punk ran through a shoegaze filter.  I'm guessing that's primarily due to the vocals though.

That’s actually the perfect way to describe TS.  And I hate pop punk lol but it worth with the gaze influence, for me at least.

Surprised between Technicolour & Lovesick tho there wasn’t anything there for you 2.

Edited by mrewest

5 hours ago, mrewest said:

Speaking of Tennis System, Autophobia is getting another release on RSD, but with a slew of bonus tracks.   Very stoked.

Normal album plus…

Sorry | Look Me In the Eyes | Never Enough | Hollow | SWRV

Great. So I bought the initial release circa six months ago for nothing. Really annoying when bands do this. At least wait a year, or five, or ten.

3 minutes ago, OneThreeOneTwo said:

Great. So I bought the initial release circa six months ago for nothing. Really annoying when bands do this. At least wait a year, or five, or ten.

I feel like something happened between him and the label or something. If you'll recall the album really never released.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

https://clevereaglerecords.limitedrun.com/products/723112-uchu-nekoko-kimi-no-youni-ikiretara-12-vinyl

Clever Eagle Records got in a few copies of Uchu Nekoko - Kimi No Youni Ikiretara 

Its really good dream pop / shoegaze. Kind of reminds me of the first Yuragi EP. These won’t last long at all so act fast

https://uchunekoko.bandcamp.com/album/kimi-no-youni-ikiretara

Grabbed those Yuragi releases.

For those who don't mind to pay the international shipping.

https://www.flakerecords.com/search.php?page=1&tcnt=9&ARTIST=YURAGI+(揺らぎ)

How to order:

1. Email [email protected] for a new international order

2. Include name of product, code, and desired quantity

3. Provide shipping address

From here Flake will send back a quote for the purchase plus shipping. They will ask you if it is okay to proceed and to provide your PayPal email address to send the quote. Once everything is finalized they will send a follow-up email with tracking.

18 minutes ago, swisherprice said:

Grabbed those Yuragi releases.

For those who don't mind to pay the international shipping.

https://www.flakerecords.com/search.php?page=1&tcnt=9&ARTIST=YURAGI+(揺らぎ)

How to order:

1. Email [email protected] for a new international order

2. Include name of product, code, and desired quantity

3. Provide shipping address

From here Flake will send back a quote for the purchase plus shipping. They will ask you if it is okay to proceed and to provide your PayPal email address to send the quote. Once everything is finalized they will send a follow-up email with tracking.

Fuck yeah! Thanks for the info! I hope these can get to everyone in the western hemisphere who wants one!