Shoegaze/Dream Pop Thread

Sorry if this has been posted already (I don't think it has, I checked the search function but y'know, not always reliable). But I found this EP yesterday and its very nice, some of you might also enjoy it!

"Chasing, seeking, hiding, silhouetting lies" creates a hazy, dark, and yearning visual. It's the opening line from Oklahoma City's indie/dream-pop band, mad honey, and is the most accurate way to describe the band's sound. The band's earliest formation started in 2018 with members Tiff Sutcliffe and Branden Palesano writing music together. The band later came to fruition with members Lennon Bramlett, James Tunell and Austin Valdez joining the band and continued writing and releasing singles such as "Good Grief" and "I Won't Go Easy" most recently in 2021.

In 2022, the band has continued to evolve in their songwriting with more straight-forward indie-rock, but still stays true to their roots with a darker, dream-pop sound—mostly from the distinct voice of Tiff Sutcliffe, who arranges some of the catchiest melodies heard on their new promo tape, with singles, "Odds" and "Euphoria".

Influences from early ’90s dream-pop/shoegaze bands like Lush and My Bloody Valentine, with a mix of contemporaries like DIIV and Beach House can be heard on these new singles, especially from the whirling guitar leads and dual-vocal harmonies. The two tracks easily stay on an endless loop while we look forward to hearing more from what mad honey has in store in 2022. EU Friends: Order from Deathwish Europe. 

Notes:
— Shirt bundles include the "Black" cassette variant
— These are mockups and the actual products may vary
— Orders include “Promo ’22” high-quality download in your choice of MP3, FLAC, WAV, ALAC +more to be delivered via email.

TRACKS

Odds
Euphoria

PRESSING INFORMATION
First Press | Cassette Tape
25 Green w/ White Imprint
75 Black w/ White Imprint

https://www.sundaydrive-records.com/products/722242-mad-honey-promo-22

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Has anyone actually gotten their pre-order of the last Bliss Fields LP from Acrobat Unstable Records yet?

I just looked it up, I ordered it in November last year and have not yet received any update from the label since. It's still listed on the label site as a pre-order. Obviously with the general vinyl craze I understand any pre-order may take a long time, I've got no issue there. Just wondering if something may be wrong with my particular order or if these aren't even in the wild yet.

4 hours ago, poweredbytrust said:

Has anyone actually gotten their pre-order of the last Bliss Fields LP from Acrobat Unstable Records yet?

I just looked it up, I ordered it in November last year and have not yet received any update from the label since. It's still listed on the label site as a pre-order. Obviously with the general vinyl craze I understand any pre-order may take a long time, I've got no issue there. Just wondering if something may be wrong with my particular order or if these aren't even in the wild yet.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CfEqxAkL4Ah/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Their Instagram is the best place for answers on delays.

• 1 month later...

The Flyying Colours EP's Comp sounds really good, I'm pleased to have this as a listening copy. 

I had to make the Mandarin Orange variant on 'scogs,  so Poison City must have a tonne of these and the Vanilla flavor still in their shoppe. 

If you like Ride: "Seagull" but pushed up a notch in loudness and tempo, you will like at least half of Flyying Colours. They have some jangliness along with the tremolo and loud guitars and noise as well.

Ride  has always sounded to me as more on the pop end of the spectrum (Stadium BritPop) at least partly due to Andy's rather common guitar solos.

2 minutes ago, drds89 said:

The Flyying Colours EP's Comp sounds really good, I'm pleased to have this as a listening copy. 

I had to make the Mandarin Orange variant on 'scogs,  so Poison City must have a tonne of these and the Vanilla flavor still in their shoppe. 

If you like Ride: "Seagull" but pushed up a notch in loudness and tempo, you will like at least half of Flyying Colours. They have some jangliness along with the tremolo and loud guitars and noise as well.

Ride  has always sounded to me as more on the pop end of the spectrum (Stadium BritPop) at least partly due to Andy's rather common guitar solos.

Mine got delivered to my old address and I think got returned to sender but I can’t get Poison City to answer me.   

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...