Shoegaze/Dream Pop Thread

• 2 weeks later...

Air Formation - Daylight Storms

Mastered especially for vinyl by Simon Scott, it will come on two slabs of 180g sunburst red and orange coloured wax, housed in a lovely thick reverse-board gatefold sleeve.

Release date will be sometime between March and May 2023.

https://airformation.bandcamp.com/album/daylight-storms-2022

11 hours ago, radiatorhums said:

Anyone know of US distros that normally carry Club AC30?  $60PPD stings a bit haha

Unfortunately never. 😑

I did get Near Miss from Amazon.uk and shipping was only $4.50. Didn't see vinyl for this one.... yet. If it sells quickly, AC30 often has a "2nd press" all ready to go.

Norman records used to get a box or 2 and shipping is at least 1/2 that of Club AC30 (which has the highest shipping ever!) but I don't see any there yet either. Norman still might though? Keep checking back. That's how I got most of my Ringo Deathstarr.

Struck out at Banquet, Rough Trade and Piccadilly, too.

Stickfiguredistro on discogs sometimes gets some AC30 releases.

• 2 weeks later...

Twin Drugs album is great. First time for a vinyl release, and I don't think it could have been engineered/produced any better (noisey gaze). I got the Clear.  Super quiet in between tracks.

They are ear bleeding live, and the vocals get a bit overpowered - still a great band to catch in the RVA area, usually opening for bands like Slow Crush, Grivo and Shy, Low - for the postrock fans here.

On 12/3/2022 at 2:57 PM, lostcrimes said:

Any Som fans? They found some copies of their first album and put them on bandcamp 

https://somtheband.bandcamp.com/album/the-fall

oh word i don't know this one by them.  Will check out, thanks!

On 12/3/2022 at 5:11 PM, prowl20 said:

Haha I like “More” but not enough to buy it. “Everything” on the other hand… 😍

This is puzzling haha their albums are like exactly the same.  I would keep trying...   More eventually won out over Radiogaze i think, and then Everything came along and smashed them both.  I didn't immediately love it when it came out, but I view them all as fairly equal.  I do love "Everything" the most i think, they just keep getting better and better. 

I do believe "More" will surprise you on re-listens, and I often find myself feeling quite differently about albums depending on where I'm listening.  Stuff I didn't connect with in the car, I put it on at home and it's totally different. 

Just food for thought!  Blankenberge rules, I hope they get over here once someday. 

• 2 weeks later...

A bit late to this and apologies if it's been mentioned here already but I am fully 100% into this GIFT debut, absolutely fucks. Got a sort of Toy vibe from some of the jams on this. Healthy doses of physc, kraut, dream-pop and noise. Just good, else i wouldn't be hyping it.

https://giftbandnyc.bandcamp.com/album/momentary-presence 

Vinyl out end of Jan

EU https://www.google.com/url?q=https://shop.bingomerch.com/products/gift-momentary-presence-opaque-red-lp&sa=U&ved=2ahUKEwj2ocLL3Yv8AhWlolwKHVQiBPEQFnoECAkQAg&usg=AOvVaw0xgm4IIZdeYE2sy3TRjVHn

US https://www.hellomerch.com/products/gift-momentary-presence-vinyl (also on sale rn)

Edited by whoa

20 hours ago, OldKentuckyShark said:

Where did you see this?

In my DM's with the Man.  And when he offers unsolicited information, you know it's going to happen, and you don't ask when.  Even if it's 7 years in the making, I can wait. We used to email back before I was on Instagram ?ca. 2012. Genuinely nice person and very passionate about beautiful noise, tapes and recording innovation.

PS: do you happen to have d/l for Flyying Colours to share back since getting your vinyl?

Edited by drds89

hey guys, someone here recommended an album some time back and i can't recall what it was.  The album was all very pink, and it had a female in the band.  Not slowcrush...  and songs on the shorter side of things if i recall.  The album is not their most recent IIRC.......  Blush something maybe? 

i thought i bookmarked it but i can't find it :(

13 minutes ago, Gumbo72203 said:

hey guys, someone here recommended an album some time back and i can't recall what it was.  The album was all very pink, and it had a female in the band.  Not slowcrush...  and songs on the shorter side of things if i recall.  The album is not their most recent IIRC.......  Blush something maybe? 

Probably Blushing

1 hour ago, Gumbo72203 said:

1 hour ago, CatsNJazz said:

Probably Blushing

Yup, I'm going with Blushing. All their albums pretty prominently feature pink on the covers.

On 12/27/2022 at 11:11 PM, CatsNJazz said:

Probably Blushing

On 12/28/2022 at 12:24 AM, TheGhostOfRandySavage said:

Yup, I'm going with Blushing. All their albums pretty prominently feature pink on the covers.

Yasssssssssss thank you thank you!!!!  I was so close haha.  This is it.  Tether/Weak.  Thank you.

I'm sick as hell and my brain can't do good very a lot right now.  This is exactly it.  Thank you. 

41 minutes ago, Gumbo72203 said:

Yasssssssssss thank you thank you!!!!  I was so close haha.  This is it.  Tether/Weak.  Thank you.

I'm sick as hell and my brain can't do good very a lot right now.  This is exactly it.  Thank you. 

Tether is probably my favorite EP of theirs; have both on cassette. This is the perfect situation for a 12".  I think this is my only pending vinyl pre-order, which is nice to have that list whittled down.

15 hours ago, drds89 said:

Tether is probably my favorite EP of theirs; have both on cassette. This is the perfect situation for a 12".  I think this is my only pending vinyl pre-order, which is nice to have that list whittled down.

yeah my list of waiting stuff is finally starting to get cleared.  I think it was up to 11 or 12 at its highest point