Shoegaze/Dream Pop Thread

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/21/2023 at 3:32 AM, whoa said:

Loving the new Molly album. They're describing themselves as Celestial Shoegaze, but to me that's really more smatterings of post-rock with shoegaze vocals. Some huge cuts on here too.

https://wearemolly.bandcamp.com/album/picturesque

This is sweet, very different. Looks like they have a Dinked edition floating around as well! So many different UK shops to choose from though. Banquet always seems to be decently reliable. Any suggestions on good shops that ship internationally and pack records solidly?

2 hours ago, dapeebs said:

This is sweet, very different. Looks like they have a Dinked edition floating around as well! So many different UK shops to choose from though. Banquet always seems to be decently reliable. Any suggestions on good shops that ship internationally and pack records solidly?

I've got the Dinked version, looks & sounds great. Banquet are a good way to go.

2 hours ago, dapeebs said:

Was about to suggest Norman Records, but they're sadly sold out of the Dinked Edition (I think I grabbed the last one from them, sorry). Norman do the most rock solid mailers for their orders. Banquet is always a good shout too.

3 hours ago, whoa said:

Was about to suggest Norman Records, but they're sadly sold out of the Dinked Edition (I think I grabbed the last one from them, sorry). Norman do the most rock solid mailers for their orders. Banquet is always a good shout too.

Try out Drift yet?  They usually have Dinked editions.  I preordered the new Deathcrash through them the other week.

15 hours ago, Derek™ said:

Try out Drift yet?  They usually have Dinked editions.  I preordered the new Deathcrash through them the other week.

Not yet! For some weird reason I got the impression they were pick-up only (maybe they were pre-lockdown days, else I'm confusing them with another shop), but thanks for the heads-up, will give them a try.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

31 minutes ago, prowl20 said:

I had never heard them before, this is REALLY good. Does anyone know where I can find a distro copy of Thank You For Being Here in the US? The only places I’m finding it stocked are in the EU/UK

Unfortunately I don’t believe they’ve ever done a big distro of this album.   But I’m sure New Morality Zine will do another US pressing of it again.  

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/18/2023 at 8:34 AM, prowl20 said:

I had never heard them before, this is REALLY good. Does anyone know where I can find a distro copy of Thank You For Being Here in the US? The only places I’m finding it stocked are in the EU/UK

Repress up: http://newmoralityzine.limitedrun.com/products/737285-cursetheknife-thank-you-for-being-here

• 3 weeks later...