Scott Walker and Sunn O))) Record Coming This Year

In an odd yet awesome announcement, Scott Walker and Sunn O))) are working on a collaboration album together that will be coming out this year.  Not too many details about it at this point but this is something to get excited about.  

http://pitchfork.com/news/55774-scott-walker-and-sunn-o-are-collaborating-on-an-album/

Via Pitchfork

"This morning, 4AD tweeted a link to a website featuring the above graphic. Now, they've confirmed that mysterious experimental musician Scott Walker and drone metal duo Sun O))) are collaborating on an album. "They're working together and there is a record coming later in the year," a label source told the Quietus."

Guest deleted

NICE! If you don't know Scott Walker and you do like Sunn, I'm guessing you should check Scott's more recent work vs. his older stuff. I'm a fan of some of his older stuff.

I'm not a big fan of Walker's recent work despite the general appreciation. But recognize the thrills the listeners get and how unique the music is. Anyways, O'Malley is a big fan of Walker and hopefully it will surpass Terrestrials which was more an Ulver record with minor Sunn O))) input than a true collaboration (sorry, Terrestrials lovers).

NICE! If you don't know Scott Walker and you do like Sunn, I'm guessing you should check Scott's more recent work vs. his older stuff. I'm a fan of some of his older stuff.

I love his older work - it would be amazing if the collaboration has him singing over new Sunn stuff.

Obviously that's never going to happen - his new stuff is great as well. The Drift is my favorite of his last few.

Thanks for the recommendation.  Downloaded Bish Bosh, I'll give it a listen when I get to work tomorrow!

The Drift is a good place to start for his new stuff and things that will be close to Sunn.  He did a bunch of weird shit on it like punching slabs of meat for drum beat.  Bisch Bosch isint bad but a slight let down.

I've been trying to wrap my head around just the title of this thread this for 2 hours. I still really haven't, but I'm more excited about this collaboration than I would be for a new Scott solo album. Love that man, and the music he's made in the last 10 years is really interesting, but I don't often find myself reaching for anything past Tilt.

Co-sign on The Drift recommendations, though, for anyone who wants a feel for what Walker might bring to this album. (And if you want to hear what he evolved from, "The Sun Ain't Gonna Shine Anymore" and "The Old Man's Back Again" are still total jams.)

I like The Drift BUT would people on here really take it over the Scott run of LPs? I am completely shocked. Also the doc on him is cool - 30th Century Man.

Scott 1-4 are definately classics but for stuf in the realm of what this collaboration will be drift, tilt, etc is where to go to. Wouldnt take drift over any of those.

That documentary is really good. Used to be on instant queue on netflix but cant be for sure anymore.

Also, this is like the bizarro version of Lou Reed + Metallica.

If this collab is as good as Loutallica was bad, then it will positively blow minds.

I'm not expecting that much though... don't want to get the hopes up too high. Was a little disappointed by Terrestrials - probably because I like both Sunn O))) and Ulver quite a bit. I still think Sunn O)))'s best work is the Altar collab with Boris, so maybe this will be up there, but I'm not expecting it to top it, for me. I really love Boris, and think Altar is among their best releases as well.

• 3 weeks later...

More Details:

Titled Soused, the 50-minute album is due out on September 22/23; the first double-LP pressing will be on red vinyl. The album was recorded early this year and features Sunn O)))’s Stephen O’Malley, Greg Anderson, and Tos Nieuwenhuizen. It was produced by Walker and Peter Walsh with assistance from musical director Mark Warman.

According to the label, Sunn O))) approached Walker about appearing on 2009′s Monoliths & Dimensions, and while Walker declined, he approached them with music he’d written specifically for a collaboration in 2013. Walker’s Bish Bosch was one of the best albums of 2012; SUnn O)))’s O’Malley recently shared a monstrous FACT mix. [via Pitchfork]

*Notice the slight difference in the tracklisting between vinyl and CD

Soused (CD/digital)
01 Brando
02 Herod 2014
03 Bull
04 Fetish
05 Lullaby

Soused (LP)
A1 Brando
A2 Bull
B1 Herod 2014
C1 Fetish
C2 Lullaby

Source:  http://www.factmag.com/2014/07/17/scott-walker-and-sunn-o-detail-collaborative-album-soused/