Dads - I'll Be The Tornado

After listening to it a few more times, it's not as bad as I originally thought, but it's not what I wanted it to be. This album almost seems like it should have been a Cardinal Cardinal album.

I kinda agree in the sense of the catchy-ness in some of the songs, but overall the songs are really quirky compared to the cardinal cardinal singer-songwriter style, which doesn't do anything "off putting" or whatever. All of these Dads songs are still unpredictible imo. I'm glad they incorporated John's catchy cardinal cardinal type melodies into this album though.

I fucking loved this after starting the first song.

I don't want to sound bias because I love everything Dads does, but I absolutely adore this album. It would have sucked if they just put out ARA pt. 2, there's a lot of depth to this album and it's definitely better then most of the stuff that gets overhyped in these parts. Can't wait to get my grimy mitts on that bundle!

Just got emailed this update:

First off, thanks for preordering the Dads "I'll Be The Tornado" album!  It's been awesome to see the response to what we think is a fantastic release.

I wanted to give you a heads up about the mailing status of preorders.  We have received all of the LPs, CDs, shirts, etc. but due to delays with the manufacturer, have only received a small portion of the flexis.  More are due to arrive early next week and all orders with them included will go out then.

We wanted to offer you the chance to opt-out of receiving a flexi and have your order shipped now.  If you'd like to do that, please reply to this email with your order # and let me know.

If you would like to wait and receive the flexi with your order, you do not need to reply.

Thanks again!

Sean Patrick Rhorer