Dads - I'll Be The Tornado

did anyone else flexi come completely unplayable? mine was just kind of floating around in the (deluxe) package thus resulting in bending and all that fun stuff. attempting to flatten it now. bummer

Yep mine did. It's currently sitting underneath my 40 pound guitar amp. I meant to check it today, thanks for reminding me.

Try using a quarter on the tone arm to keep the needle in the groove better.

Update: flattening technique had no luck. I flipped it over to see if that'll make a difference.

Also, I love this album the most out of theirs. and pretty good and the woman EP are great too. That being said I'm not too into American Radass or Brush Your Teeth Again after one play so if anyone is looking for either of those get at me!

American Radass was my soundtrack to last summer. Can't listen to it too much anymore though. :l

I'll have to give this a shot, my sounds like someone is playing it through a wah pedal.

I figured out why my LP was skipping on Fake Knees, there was a tiny spot of some clear gunk on the grooves, I was able to wipe it off.

It didn't work that well for me because of how bent the damn thing is. My needle moves back and forth like crazy. I read somewhere that the extra weight helps make it sound cleaner with less surface noise, and it definitely does that. I figured it would also stop the skipping and wah sound, but it did not.

Pretty sure John is the singer on all of this album.

Nope there are like three that are all Scott. I don't recall song names or track numbers from I'll Be the Tornado yet but he sung Can I Be Your Deatbeat Boyfriend on Pretty Good. That song he sounds fine but I just don't dig it so far on the new LP.

Rest of the album is great.

This album just arrived today (green version) and there's a bunch of sand on it or something. I could tell as soon as I pulled it from the paper sleeve. Had to do three passes with a dry brush brush and a wet clean, luckily it still sounds great. I know its common with certain pressing plants, but I've never had this much on an album before.

Anyway, love it so far. The style on this one is my favorite from the group yet.

This album just arrived today (green version) and there's a bunch of sand on it or something. I could tell as soon as I pulled it from the paper sleeve. Had to do three passes with a dry brush brush and a wet clean, luckily it still sounds great. I know its common with certain pressing plants, but I've never had this much on an album before.

Anyway, love it so far. The style on this one is my favorite from the group yet.

Yeah it's common with haze variants. Every one I've got is like that. They all play fine after a good brush or two.