Dads - I'll Be The Tornado

Yeah it's common with haze variants. Every one I've got is like that. They all play fine after a good brush or two.

Weird, I'd never heard of this. Mine had it too. Sounded like it was coated in kitty litter when I pulled it out of the sleeve. Now it's got little marks in several places. Wonder what causes it? I only have one or two other haze records and haven't noticed it before.

Weird, I'd never heard of this. Mine had it too. Sounded like it was coated in kitty litter when I pulled it out of the sleeve. Now it's got little marks in several places. Wonder what causes it? I only have one or two other haze records and haven't noticed it before.

Yeah, I think it's just certain pressing plants, I've never heard it being associated with haze vinyl specifically and I have plenty of haze records where this wasn't an issue. I've had this happen but this was the worst case of it I've ever experienced. Here's a pic of the first brushing of side 2 (side 1 was much worse):

15432870630_a8d742ffa4_z.jpg

Every haze record I have come across has had at least some PVC dust on it, some worse than others. One I got was so bad that the whole record was covered in a light coating of the stuff. After that, I refused to buy a haze variant ever again.

I bought two, never again. I don't even have a brush to get the dust off.

I use an RCA record brush with alcohol cleaner. The PVC dust turns to almost mud when I clean it off. Shit's a bitch to get off.

That RCA brush is no good to begin with, but that's another thread altogether. Trying to wet clean dust/pvc/hair is a bad idea in itself. Dry clean with a carbon fiber brush, get all that shit off, then wet clean after. It should be a super simple process.

I have a hard time investing in the carbon fiber brushes when so many reviews complain about the bristles coming off of the brush and on to the record when cleaning it or how the handle sits too close and can scratch it.

Had mine for a few years, never had a problem with bristles coming off. It's seriously one of the best investments you'll make for your records. I use mine every time I spin a record.

Had men for a few years, never had a problem with bristles coming off. It's seriously one of the best investments you'll make for your records. I use mine every time I spin a record.

I had one and it shed like a mofo. Got this instead, much better and the pad is replaceable. I'm sure there are awesome carbon fiber brushes but I haven't had luck.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B003DX0S2Q?cache=0912096f5504c3244d1d4b4df0bf4b04π=AC_SX110_SY165_QL70&qid=1414892659&sr=8-19#ref=mp_s_a_1_19