Dads - I'll Be The Tornado

I don't mean this as an insult but who are you to say what is and isn't fictional and what an artist should and shouldn't write? If we're assuming all lyrical content is based on real life events then the members of Cannibal Corpse and DragonForce are leading some VERY interesting lives.

I also played the new Call of Duty so that must mean I LOVE wars.

I read that dumb blog post and it's not even remotely close to being related to Dads' material. If anything their lyrics are very PMA. The repeated line of the first song on American Radass is "You and only you can change yourself" ffs

As for Glassjaw lyrics, it's widely known that EYEWTKAS was written about a breakup he went through. I get having those feelings, but hearing them is still gross. Songs tend to be more personal than other types of fiction. Unless you're a band like The Mountain Goats where it's widely known your songs are fictional, it Is a lot harder to tolerate shitty attitudes in lyrics.

There's also a difference between misogyny and depicting misogyny when it comes to fiction.

• 1 month later...

Trying to unload some extra first press variants. Anyone want the green w/ white haze /300, clear blue (retail), or clear red /300 (hot topic exclusive)? I might also sell the red w/ black splatter tour variant.

Not this album, but I also have a first press blue of American Radass I'd let go of.

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 years later...