Official LTJ Thread

17 hours ago, IanRees said:

Perhaps I got overly worked up and offended, for that I apologize.

In this very particular case, this is exactly how the band wanted to release the product and they have final say over anything we put out of theirs. The standard edition is still very widely available as well, but they did not want to do the bsides/acoustic songs as their own release.

In regards to a $30 LP,  we aren't at $30 for a single LP  but we try to keep our prices as low as possible, but in a post covid world production costs have soured and unfortunately there's only so low we can go.

Johnny Quest thinks we’re sellouts. 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Was listening to a podcast interview of Chris and he mentioned there would be another anniversary press for Hello Rockview this year.  Anthem went live on it's actual anniversary, but IWTOC didn't. Wonder if we won't see preorders for this until October since it originally came out October 6?

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, mmhmm said:

Uh what? Haha what art would you prefer???

Nothing else than the og, I just hate deluxes with stupid pointless demos and redone artwork for a cashgrab. I was just being sarcastic.

2 hours ago, xen0m0rph said:

Still cheaper then previous pressing on ebay/discogs

Yes, a new pressing still could be cheaper if it was just a plain repress, but I guess it's just too much to ask ..

44 minutes ago, xfactor675 said:

Nothing else than the og, I just hate deluxes with stupid pointless demos and redone artwork for a cashgrab. I was just being sarcastic.

Yes, a new pressing still could be cheaper if it was just a plain repress, but I guess it's just too much to ask ..

As some one who grew up with this album and has listened to and loved it to death, I am beyond excited for the demos, live, and bsides of the era. 

I do understand from your point of view why they couldn't do both, do a repress of the album for those that want it and a deluxe for those fans that want it but at this point, every modern LTJ release is a cashgrab. This is the same band that sold NFTs via their fan club.

28 minutes ago, onandonandon said:

As some one who grew up with this album and has listened to and loved it to death, I am beyond excited for the demos, live, and bsides of the era. 

Are you ever gonna spin the demos disc more than once? I'm one super lazy person, but I would never spin these (or any other deluxe like this one), if I want to listen to a bedroom demo or a live track I just put it on spotify or bandcamp, the latter is where these kinda stuff should always be on only for a name your price option instead of pressing these nonesene records. Keep the record as it was meant to be in 98...

Edited by xfactor675

24 minutes ago, xfactor675 said:

Are you ever gonna spin the demos disc more than once? I'm one super lazy person, but I would never spin these (or any other deluxe like this one), if I want to listen to a bedroom demo or a live track I just put it on spotify or bandcamp, the latter is where these kinda stuff should always be on only for a name your price option instead of pressing these nonesene records. Keep the record as it was meant to be in 98...

It really depends on the quality of the demo and difference from the originals. If they are incredibly rough sounding and just a worse sounding version of the original, then I will listen once for the novelty and then probably never again. But if there are material changes and they are a halfway decent quality, yeah I will listen to them multiple time and spin them all whenever I listen to the record on vinyl.

1 hour ago, throwgncpr said:

I love how xfactor675 has to throw a fit anytime a band releases a deluxe with added content on vinyl. Dude, you don't have to buy it...

I'm really happy to have the extra content on vinyl, and not sitting as MP3s on my hard drive, never to be listened to.

What should I do if I want to buy the record itself without the added shit? Yeah i know go to discogs, thanks.

Also why can't I have an opinion while you americans cry in every single topic when there is no media mail option or the shipping is more than 5 bucks? I guess that's what forums for, conversations and opinions... 

Also sitting on shelves is so much better than digital without the pointless effort and resources of pressing them to a record, you are right in this one too. Big up dude.

Edited by xfactor675

12 minutes ago, xfactor675 said:

What should I do if I want to buy the record itself without the added shit? Yeah i know go to discogs, thanks.

Also why can't I have an opinion while you americans cry in every single topic when there is no media mail option or the shipping is more than 5 bucks? I guess that's what forums for, conversations and opinions... 

Also sitting on shelves is so much better than digital wirthout the pointless effort of pressing to a record, you are right in this one too. Big up dude.

How often are deluxe editions the only version available? rarely. Yeah, it's been a few years since this has been available, but there are over a dozen variants/presses of this album. It will get a regular version repress, probably on some stupid looking color variant to make everyone happy.

Cool move on calling me "you american." Solid comeback. You can have an opinion, but getting your panties in a wad because extra content is made available on a a physical media - a format the people specifically joined this forum to talk about - is weird and it gets tiring after the nth time.

12 minutes ago, throwgncpr said:

How often are deluxe editions the only version available? rarely. Yeah, it's been a few years since this has been available, but there are over a dozen variants/presses of this album. It will get a regular version repress, probably on some stupid looking color variant to make everyone happy.

Cool move on calling me "you american." Solid comeback. You can have an opinion, but getting your panties in a wad because extra content is made available on a a physical media - a format the people specifically joined this forum to talk about - is weird and it gets tiring after the nth time.

Trust me the media mail crybabies disturb me as well, especially when i pay 22-25 bucks to get a record shipped to me, but that's my issue and don't start a personal crap like you with someone making a scene about it. But we are different.

On the deluxe take, basically every anniversary press gets ruined with pointless shit ( and no, there is no standard edition option available, as it would I never would have made those comments) just to the band/label make double dip from it, I'm sorry that it bothers you that it bothers me...

Edited by xfactor675

I'll admit I'm not crazy about deluxe editions with a bunch of live/demo stuff, and doubly so if there isn't a standard version available. Tag on some b-sides, compilation tracks, other hard to come by studio stuff and I'm a happy camper though.

I get where they're coming from not wanting to pay more for a bunch of stuff theyll maybe listen to once. That said, I do try not to bring it up a bunch since it seems to happen so frequently now that I'd be talking about it all the time.

spacer.png

• 2 weeks later...