A Winged Victory For the Sullen - Atomos (2x12 LTD CLEAR)

• 2 weeks later...

Been listening off and on today. The album is gorgeous. I wish I could treat AWVFTS as background/work music, but it draws me in more than anything else I listen to, so I've been having to turn it off to get some work done.

I pre-ordered the Erased Tapes version. Their self-titled is one of my favorite albums over the past couple years, so I'm more than happy to spring for the nicer version. 

I cannot believe I missed this until now.

Their S/T is to this date one of my most prized records.

Don't know what to do now. Should I listen to the leak? Rip a hole in my wallet for the clear vinyl?

Why does it have to be so expensive? First the APC Repress, now this.

Aaarrrrgh! Just. don't. think. about. christmas. presents.

*clicks pre-order button*

I cannot believe I missed this until now.

Their S/T is to this date one of my most prized records.

Don't know what to do now. Should I listen to the leak? Rip a hole in my wallet for the clear vinyl?

Why does it have to be so expensive? First the APC Repress, now this.

Aaarrrrgh! Just. don't. think. about. christmas. presents.

*clicks pre-order button*

This will be one of the best Ambient/experimental albums you own! Go for it! Make it count, get the Clear!!!! You won't be disappointed...It will be FAR superior to the Kranky pressing...I'd even recommend shelling out the extra dough for a black from ET versus Kranky! But at that point might as well go all the way ....lol

I'd say listen to the leak, and you will order in a heartbeat a few songs in....

Just listening to the leak now as well. Had been holding off on this due to how expensive it was, but pretty sure I'm going to go for the clear version now. Only a few tracks in, but it's gorgeous.

Edit: Ugh, as beautiful as this album is, I really can't justify the £27.49 it costs for the clear version delivered. Going to hold out and just get it from another retailer, even if it's just the black.

This will be one of the best Ambient/experimental albums you own! Go for it! Make it count, get the Clear!!!! You won't be disappointed...It will be FAR superior to the Kranky pressing...I'd even recommend shelling out the extra dough for a black from ET versus Kranky! But at that point might as well go all the way ....lol

I'd say listen to the leak, and you will order in a heartbeat a few songs in....

My God. I listened to the leak after pressing the PO button. no regrets.

Listening to it right now, too, 6th go or so.

The fact that they expanded their implementation of electronic sounds/synths without screwing up what they're loved for plus the fact that they actually whipped this together in like no time?!

It works so damn fine. Much more spherical than the S/T. Them moods.

Incredible stuff. Really glad I went for it.

It wasn't mentioned but fingers crossed that it's on ultra clear vinyl.

Wouldn't mind this being a standard, really.

Kranky Pressings are not 180g...Erased Tapes Typically are (some aren't of course) but the quality of vinyl being pressed in Berlin is far superior to those at whatever plant Kranky uses...The owner of Kranky stated awhile back that he has been hesitant to press ambient music for his label, because it is hard to get a quality pressing in USA....

I own probably 20 or so 12", 10" and 7" records from ET and every single one is high quality ( I had one issue with Nils Frahm Bells ) otherwise I immediately notice a difference when holding the LP and playing it....It just blows out the Kranky pressings (those always seem "dirty") don't know how else to say it....

Also as Derek stated the cover art typically varies slightly in some way, either gatefold or more artwork. For example the Atomos VII 12" on Kranky was a plain black sleeve with a center whole, while the ET pressing had a graffic/art logo on the black sleeve. Self-titled is gatefold and different finish. (Atomos TBD) 

Just trust take my word for it, if you have a chance to buy ET over Kranky for a little bit more it will be worth it! I own so many pressings from both labels....

Yep. The Kranky - at least the one received - was clear, gatefold, and sounded gorgeous. Pretty damn sweet for $22ppd. I can post some pics if you'd like.

Damn, what a score. I assume they only received a select bunch – better order sooner than later if you're on the fence and want to try your luck with a clear.