A Winged Victory For the Sullen - Atomos (2x12 LTD CLEAR)

So I got my record from kranky the other day, and I've tried not to be upset about it, but I got one with both seam splits on the jacket itself along with the inserts that hold the record.... is my anger founded?

After hearing how Mr. Kranky works I'm afraid to even contact them. I told tiny engines once about a beefed hotlier jacket and s/he sent me one without question. Should I bother contacting Kranky Pants? 

You think sending them this will get the point across? 

tumblr_lwonc7Facz1qgxic0.gif

• 2 weeks later...

I'm drunk and sad and I just ordered the Kranky pressing because money doesn't seem to matter that much when you're drunk. Just getting into ambient stuff, or at least more than just the huge players. Hopefully next time I'm drunk and sad I'll have this to spin. HA!

I don't personally drink, but ambient music is some of the best stuff to listen to when you're feeling melancholic or generally tired / defeated late at night.  I hope you're able to get into more and more of it.  It's such a beautiful, overlooked genre.  Sucks to see such a horrible corner bend on your Atomos, though.  Did you ever get that sorted out?

Also, I thought this was kind of funny.  Per the front page on Kranky.net:

the new A Winged Victory for the Sullen album is now available for public consumption from your fave music store or digital retailer, or directly from kranky via mail order. the vinyl is on clear wax for all of you dorks out there that care about such things.

Stay cranky, my friend(s).

I didn't bother doing anything about it.  It's not their fault, and I live in Canada, making shipping brutal.  Also, they seem relatively cranky.

Yeah he does.  Oh well – kudos to you for being a good sport about it.  And like you said, at least the vinyl itself wasn't damaged.  Tough to complain too terribly much.