FREE RECORD GIVEAWAY: Brigades - Crocodile Tears EP

Brevity38

So I decided its time to give back to the community. I recently completed my The Story So Far collection and would never have been able to do it without the help of you guys on VC. SO!...

I'm giving away a copy of Brigades' Crocodile Tears EP. I have two copies, and this EP is extremely good so I feel like I need to share it with someone. I'll be giving away the white w/green & blue haze /300 variant, pictured below.

Please only enter if you have a genuine interest in the music. I will post a track from the EP for you to listen to.

To enter, all you have to do is post below, and please include answers to these questions in your post:

1. What is your favorite record that you own and why?

2. What is the most money you've ever spent or would spend on a record?

3. If you had to listen to one album on repeat for the rest of your life, what would you pick?

I will be choosing a winner at random one week from now on July 15th 10AM PST.

Thanks guys, and good luck to all of you!

sj8yYwy.jpg

1. Honestly cannot pick but if I had to pick, I have an only press of We Are The In Crowd- Weird Kids signed and its probably my favorite because the record itself is beautiful as well as the music on it

I spent 90+ shipping on a first press of Underoath's They're Only Chasing Safety and I definitely would have spent more

I would probably pick the same record (They're Only Chasing Safety) I wouldn't be who I am today without it

1. My favorite record is Misser's "Every Day I Tell Myself I'm Going To Be A Better Person" tour press #25/75 Signed because I saw them on both regional tours. The second in my homestate of Delaware where they signed it, the first (when I bought it) at Ottobar in Baltimore where I drove through a torrential downpour with a friend from Southern DE just to see them, Diamond Youth, and Young Statues. I still follow all 3 bands today, besides Misser because Tim and Brad are focusing on other jobs/projects.

2. The most money I've spent is $200 on the First Press /250 of La Dispute's "Wildlife" deluxe edition. I missed out on the original sale so I bought one off Chris Hansen personally.

3. M83's "Hurry Up We're Dreaming." M83 has always meant a lot to me personally and will always me my favorite music artist. I'm thankful that I got to see [them] August 1, 2012 at Electric Factory very close to the front. I'll never forget that show for the rest of my life.

Definitely into this. Cool that you're doing this, man!

1. My favorite record that I own is probably my copy of Mesa Verde - The Old Road. Just one that six months ago I never thought I'd own on vinyl, and the fact that you just never see anybody with it, much less up for sale, is what made it so appealing to track down. And actually finding a copy was really pretty cool. Plus "Post-Youth" is one of the greatest songs ever.

2. I've spent $45 on three different records - Mihai Edrisch - "Un Jour Sans Lendemain", Moving Mountains - "Pneuma", and a test press of Sed Non Satiata - "Le Ciel De Notre Enfance". I'd be more than willing to shell out $75 for a copy of The Angelic Process - "Weighing Souls With Sand", but even at that I don't know of anyone that would let theirs go. In due time perhaps!

3. A Silver Mt. Zion - "He Has Left Us Alone But Shafts Of Light Still Grace the Corner of Our Rooms". In my opinion, the most flawless piece of music ever created. Yes, I went there.

1. Honestly, it's very hard to say what my favorite album is.  I listen to so much music, but if I HAD to choose, probably Coheed & Cambria - Good Apollo I. 

2. To date, I think the most i've spent is $50, but depending on the album, and the availability of my money....who knows?

3. Alkaline Trio's Good Mourning.

1. Against Me! - New Wave - Yellow Variant - Signed by the entire band and signed by Tom Gabel before he became Laura Jane Grace. This is my favorite album I own because it's totally priceless to me. If I could only save one record from a house fire, this would be it.

2. The most I've ever spent on a record is around $50 for the record listed above. I would spend as much as needed (probably 100+) to buy a copy of Make Do And Mend's - End Measured Mile - Purple Super Hawt Splatter / 18 though.

3. Transit - Listen and Forgive

Thanks for doing this!

This is a great EP, good on you girl. I recently sent my extra to someone who i thought might dig it.

That was cool of you! That's what I'm aiming to do as well.

I figure if someone else will enjoy it as much as I do then its worth it to give it away  :)

Thanks for the entries so far everyone, enjoying reading all of your answers. Keep them coming!

1. My favorite record that I own in Suburbia from The Wonder Years. It's the record release version with a 1 of a kind photo and there were only 50 made up for the show. It was my first time ever seeing The Wonder Years and that show did a lot for me.

2. I spent $125 on a first press of The Devil and God from Brand New

3. The Upsides from The Wonder Years. One album that will stick with me forever. Wouldn't be who I am without that record.

This is awesome you're doing this! I keep meaning to check this band out more.

1. This is tough to think of for me. For as many shows as I go to, and as many records as I own, I don't really own that many cool tour variants or anything. A lot of people might think of these two bands as cliched, but I'm pretty happy to own Clear/100 first presses of both Real Friends' Everyone That Dragged You Here and Knuckle Puck's The Weight That You Buried. I somehow managed to click the order button faster than everyone else for Knuckle Puck, and for the Real Friends, I'm proud to have known them before their skyrocket in popularity last year (pop punk hipster right here haha). I saw them at a small venue in the fall of 2012 before they took off, and I became an instant big fan.

2. At this point in time, the most I'd be willing to spend on a record is probably $50 (I'm cheap by VC standards I know). I almost spent this much on a copy of MCR's The Black Parade, but my order ended up getting cancelled because the seller didn't actually have it :( .

3. One album that I would listen to over and over is Balance and Composure's The Things We Think We're Missing. I fell madly in love with that album last year, and I still am to this day.

1.) My favorite record is actually my Dance Gavin Dance boxset.  It was my most sought after record considering I missed picking it up on MerchNow and I've listened to the entire box set from Whatever I Say Is Royal Ocean to Acceptance Speech in its entirety many times through.

2.) Excluding the Dance Gavin Dance box set I paid $89 ppd for Chiodos Bone Palace Ballet.  This was before the reissuing of All's Well That Ends Well and Bone Palace Ballet so it was a lot more rare back then.  I am a huge Chiodos fan and I am one record away from having a complete collection.  

3.)  If I could listen to any album on repeat forever it would probably be Nevermind by Nirvana.  I know this is a cliche answer but it was the first album I loved in its entirety.  

Congrats on your TSSF collection I've been thinking about doing it for awhile.

1.) My favorite record is actually my Dance Gavin Dance boxset.  It was my most sought after record considering I missed picking it up on MerchNow and I've listened to the entire box set from Whatever I Say Is Royal Ocean to Acceptance Speech in its entirety many times through.

2.) Excluding the Dance Gavin Dance box set I paid $89 ppd for Chiodos Bone Palace Ballet.  This was before the reissuing of All's Well That Ends Well and Bone Palace Ballet so it was a lot more rare back then.  I am a huge Chiodos fan and I am one record away from having a complete collection.  

3.)  If I could listen to any album on repeat forever it would probably be Nevermind by Nirvana.  I know this is a cliche answer but it was the first album I loved in its entirety.  

Congrats on your TSSF collection I've been thinking about doing it for awhile.

Thank you! It took a while but I finally completed it.

Unfortunately you're too late to enter the contest, but I'll be doing more in the future.

Thanks for the entry anyway :)