Video game OSTs

As originally posted by him at NA forums:

irst here are some details about the record:

It is an all Zelda themed record, on transparent gold colored vinyl, and is pretty much double the length of the previous release at 42 minutes long.

Side A is the complete soundtrack to the original The Legend of Zelda, along with 7 tracks from A Link to the Past (they are essentially my personal favorite tracks from that game but I tried to be democratic and pick ones that everyone kind of universally loves). 

Side B is the complete soundtrack to the Zelda II, along with tracks from Ocarina of Time 

got my zelda soundtrack today. looks great and sounds great as well.

cHcol7H.jpg

he didn't ship it with any support or inserts in the mailer though so the sleeve has some stress/fold marks on it that kinda sucks. several of these going on:

dz2ZFwr.jpg

not gonna bug him about it. listened to about half of the zelda I stuff, LTTP, and on ocarina now. it all sounds really good.

edit: this is the only stuff from ocarina:

field theme

chest opening fanfare,

saria's song (forest theme)

no zelda's lullaby breaks my heart a bit

direct message me and ill fix this for you

Now that i think about it he originally said this was going to be a 2xLP and have all of the Ocarina songs, i don't think he ever mentioned making it only 1 and cutting out a lot of the songs.

It was never advertised as a 2 lp at any time. Also it always only had selected tracks from OOT, not the entire ost as that is over 60 min long and would not fit. The actual ocarina songs (the 5 sec songs) were cut because they were mastered wrong on the test press and I didnt want to put crappy sounding versions on the final product. This was also updated on NA.

Yeah. I've already seen it posted on a couple of big videogame forums too. Only a matter of time before the guy doing these gets a C&D from Nintendo or something. 

yes I would appreciate it if people would not post about it on other sites. I am in talks to get licensing from capcom and would like this to go legit soon.

Got my Zelda OST, 310/500. Extremely happy with it! Hope Sean is still able to make more of these projects without worry of being sued or my own worry of having it sell out in 3 minutes.

I don't think you'll have to worry about either of those two. Nintendo doesn't usually go after small projects until they start actually really making a whole lot of money. It's still a small operation that produces 500 records unless he actually manages to get co-operation or works with a record label. As for selling out quickly, it was 500 records that he put up for preorder in August. I think you'll be fine.

Looked at that reddit thread. Boy people there aren't nice. It kinda sucks that someone from /r/vinyl referred this thread to people but it's really unavoidable. Self-righteous dorks for big corporations make me lol. 

It was never advertised as a 2 lp at any time. Also it always only had selected tracks from OOT, not the entire ost as that is over 60 min long and would not fit. The actual ocarina songs (the 5 sec songs) were cut because they were mastered wrong on the test press and I didnt want to put crappy sounding versions on the final product. This was also updated on NA.

Well that's what i get for being all speculative and whatnot, my mistake for jumping to misremembered conclusions.

i think it looks pretty sharp. dark side of the triforce? the center labels turned out great too.

quality-wise this thing is on point.

edit: there's even a little triforce in the matrix etching

Eh, different strokes. I find Pink Floyd to be pretty awful (serious opinion, not trolling) and the Dark Side of the Moon imagery is overused to say the least. It doesn't take away from the fact I wish I bought this, though!