Video game OSTs

All records are mastered from the uncompressed original sound files (nsf for nes, spc for snes etc). Not cd audio or mp3s (defeats the purpose of even making a vinyl at that point). The newest record (comes out in feb/mar) was mastered by a friend who is a well known producer who works for labels like Subpop and Polyvinyl and is going to be as close to audiophile quality game music as I think people have ever heard.

Thanks, all very interesting and good to know. Wasn't aware there was a GBS format similar to NSF. I assume you're using emulation to render higher resolution wav's of what the original board would produce. It'll be very interesting to see how you handle any upcoming n64 titles since their files are all basically midi tracking with voices and samples stored on the rom.

They may be bootlegs but in all honesty these probably have more care and effort going into them than any of the real ones would.

sorry about the damaged cover, it was not the mailer but the fact that I ran out of the cardboard inner protectors. I was just unprepared for how many I was going to need and ran out of them. 

as for complaining about people posting, it is specially to keep away trolls like https://www.linkedin.com/in/joshuahiggins/nlwho has made THREE separate reddit accounts posing as different people angry about the zelda pressing. I dont care about the info being out there, Im willing to be a martyr for this cause, its more that I just dont like getting attacked by angry gingers for essentially no reason. 

I also dont care about people reselling them, but I feel like I still have the right to think that people selling them for $250 is ridiculous and annoying

Wait, someone actually filled out a linkedin profile? I just thought those things were for people to annoy me.

Let's send Koji Kondo more money and do full Ocarina of Time! Green vinyl with gold splatter. Would be happy to invest to see it come to fruition!

I think if the guy making them posted all the info here....its ok for us to follow up by talking about them............

I think if the guy making them sends an email with instructions not to talk about them, they shouldn't be talked about..................................

Let's send Koji Kondo more money and do full Ocarina of Time! Green vinyl with gold splatter. Would be happy to invest to see it come to fruition!

I really like this idea. If anyone has it in them to start an Operation Moonfall style project/petition, I think they'd have a lot of people backing them. And let's be honest, Nintendo have been on the ropes for a while now, they shouldn't dismiss new ideas too quickly...

Personally I'd love nothing more than a Symphony of The Goddesses vinyl release. Someone do it, PLEASE!!

I think if the guy making them sends an email with instructions not to talk about them, they shouldn't be talked about..................................

but he is the one talking about them.....here....

If he is chatting about them, why does it matter if anyone else does?

Are we not allowed to respond to posts like this:

http://boards.vinylcollective.com/topic/103745-video-game-osts/page-12#entry2148355

but he is the one talking about them.....here....

If he is chatting about them, why does it matter if anyone else does?

Are we not allowed to respond to posts like this:

http://boards.vinylcollective.com/topic/103745-video-game-osts/page-12#entry2148355

someone in here mentioned the colour and cover of the pokemon vinyl which was not mentioned earlier in this thread

someone in here mentioned the colour and cover of the pokemon vinyl which was not mentioned earlier in this thread

So?  The  guy is clearly posted that he doesn't care if we talk about the release here!

annefrankzappa, on 20 Jan 2015 - 02:30 AM, said:

as for complaining about people posting, it is specially to keep away trolls like https://www.linkedin.com/in/joshuahiggins/nlwhohas made THREE separate reddit accounts posing as different people angry about the zelda pressing. I dont care about the info being out there,

Hi, back with my unpopular opinion - if it's something we shouldn't be talking about maybe it's something that shouldn't be done, no? Most people who plan on having bootleg records manufactured and sold also don't typically identify themselves online under various social media accounts.

It's already been done and it's going to be discussed, these records will be sold, scratched, crosley'd, turned into bowls, really nothing we can do to control anything once it's out of the creator's mouth or hands.

Unless Nintendo are confident that you are a professional distributor there is no way they will let you strike a deal with them. Even if someone obtained the rights, Nintendo/Konami/Capcom won't give anyone creative control of their brand, that means no tribute art to unrelated artists.

Realistically what might happen with Nintendo is that they would go to a big record press/distributor, then hire someone in-house at Nintendo to do the packaging design.

You would have better luck going to a smaller company holding less brand recognition, I do know of one record company in the middle of obtaining a license for one of Nintendo's big properties, a lot of money, negotiating and patience.