Video game OSTs

Isn't this the same record that annefrankzappa said wasn't actually the OST and just remixed bullshit?

Possibly. That said,

Also, the D side of this album is a medley of music from the game, The World of Mother

Can't say I'm the biggest fan of the game as I've never played it, my knowledge of the series goes so far as SSB. Which probably isn't very much. But I definitely support the work that is being done here and I'll be sure to back the kickstarter when it goes up and snag the record.

Also, the D side of this album is a medley of music from the game, The World of Mother

Is this a definite? Not trying to pick a fight or anything but in the email he also stated that they 100% did not get direct licensing from Nintendo. So assuming this is true and this "Mother OST" does include music from the game, it is not an actually licensed product.

This, of course, requires me to trust what annefrankzappa is saying which I feel comfortable doing. 

Is this a definite? Not trying to pick a fight or anything but in the email he also stated that they 100% did not get direct licensing from Nintendo. So assuming this is true and this "Mother OST" does include music from the game, it is not an actually licensed product.

This, of course, requires me to trust what annefrankzappa is saying which I feel comfortable doing. 

The World Of Mother was on the album that he is ripping it from

I meant that he is pressing the songs straight from the video game, not the versions of the songs from that weird OST with vocals and such.

You haven't done your research. The soundtrack contains music straight from the video game in the track 'The World of Mother'.

You may say it's 'weird' (like a lot of video game music), but anyone complaining that it is a bad soundtrack ought to look at these 5 star reviews, it's fantastic:

http://www.amazon.co.jp/MOTHER-St-Pauls-Cathedral-Choir/dp/B000197KZI

He's saying that annefrankzappa was trying to press the music from the game, like, only that, nothing else.

Not just one track of it, the entire thing.  With nothing else.

It's not that complicated guy.

All I was stating was that annefrankzappa (Sean) tried to press the composer's music from the game, he was contacted about the official release asking to take it off his unofficial one, next thing you know he openly mocked the composer's soundtrack as if his work is dirt.

Sean said: 'I am trying to do something that treats the music AND the fans of the music with respect.'

So he mocks the company, the composers and thus the fans of the music and he expects us to believe he's doing all of this out of respect?

Sean said that he has hired two licensing lawyers, conveniently confirmed ShiptoShore never got the license, and they also secured licensing rights for two his upcoming releases. He says this while he has released two bootleg releases and has another two bootlegs coming up.

According to the company behind the the release, the one Sean is stating is fraud :

'This is an officially licensed release. No bootlegging involved.'

'It took us over a year to secure the license for this album! But yes, we did.'

'Due to licensing restrictions we were not allowed to modify the CD artwork.'

All I was stating was that annefrankzappa (Sean) tried to press the composer's music from the game, he was contacted about the official release asking to take it off his unofficial one, next thing you know he openly mocked the composer's soundtrack as if his work is dirt.

Sean said: 'I am trying to do something that treats the music AND the fans of the music with respect.'

So he mocks the company, the composers and thus the fans of the music and he expects us to believe he's doing all of this out of respect?

Sean said that he has hired two licensing lawyers, conveniently confirmed ShiptoShore never got the license, and they also secured licensing rights for two his upcoming releases. He says this while he has released two bootleg releases and has another two bootlegs coming up.

According to the company behind the the release, the one Sean is stating is fraud :

'This is an officially licensed release. No bootlegging involved.'

'It took us over a year to secure the license for this album! But yes, we did.'

'Due to licensing restrictions we were not allowed to modify the CD artwork.'

Hi. 

So a couple things Id like to point out: 

This company keeps saying this is an "official" release, yet they will not publicly say where it is licensed from. If it is licensed, what danger is there in stating who licensed it? 

Also licensing out a single, already published cd, does NOT give you rights to original masters, which means this is 100% a cd audio release on vinyl, which defeats the purpose of it being on vinyl in the first place. 

There is also the fact that this is a kickstarter. If they are such big "fans" of the game, and not just a horror movie soundtrack label trying to cash in on popular game franchise, wouldn't they have the courage of their convictions to fund it themselves as something they want to see made? 

There is a lot of rhetoric about how its immoral to release something to FANS without giving money to Nintendo or the composers (who again dont own rights to their own music and get zero money from a license anyway), but if this isnt licensed by Nintendo (and it 100% isnt) and they get no money from it and the composers get no money from it, then how is this any more artistically morally sound than a bootleg release, other than giving money to some giant corporation that had no hand whatsoever in the creation of the content other than funding the publishing of it?

Also thanks for following me on my mailing list