Video game OSTs

If everyone thinks $40 is too high then don't buy them.  Then they will have to slash prices to get rid of stock......

or they could just sell out instantly because some folks think the price is fine.

Yeah, obviously they are selling to video game fans and said fans think that vinyl is a "cool novelty item" and probably costs this much. 

You're right it will sell out because of this. 

Yeah, obviously they are selling to video game fans and said fans think that vinyl is a "cool novelty item" and probably costs this much. 

You're right it will sell out because of this. 

That's been the mindset of the average newbie vinyl enthusiast since the revival, right?

I'm happy the demand is here at the moment, there are many titles fans have been waiting for years to get a hold of on vinyl. The truth is that many companies mainly Iam8bit, ShiptoShore and Spacelab releases won't sell out. The market is saturated at the moment and 3000 or 1000 isn't low enough to be considered limited. There won't be any more cool releases once they realize they tried to push too many copies and titles all at once. Nobody will be able to afford to buy 10 different titles and the by then novelty will have disappeared.

What about the constant bootleg re-issues of Super Mario Bros? It's having a 4th pressing (5th if you count the original Japanese release).

Not thrilled with the price, either, but Earthbound is legit one of my favorite games ever and one of the only ones whose soundtracks I'd listen to on its own. The price isn't too far off from a lot of the other similar Mondo and iam8bit stuff and I imagine it cost a lot to license from Sony and Nintendo, so whatever.

I'm currently in a dilemma where I have the Mother soundtrack preordered through the Kickstarter, but yet I don't know if I should go ahead and preorder the second one as well. It'll probably bug me just having the first... But man it would hurt my soul to spend $40 on this right now.

Better $40 now than $80 after it eventually sells out I guess... On the fence about this too, since I realized video games on vinyl are kind of pointless, but Earthbound is 100% my favorite game so I'll probably cave in. 

It's not vinyl, but this new special edition of Deadly Premonition comes with a CD of the soundtrack as well as some extra goodies. And hey, it's only a little more than some of these vinyl soundtracks.

http://store.nisamerica.com/deadly-premonition-classified-edition?&utm_source=PrinnyBomb&utm_medium=email&utm_content=textlink2&utm_campaign=DeadlyPremonition

It's not vinyl, but this new special edition of Deadly Premonition comes with a CD of the soundtrack as well as some extra goodies. And hey, it's only a little more than some of these vinyl soundtracks.

http://store.nisamerica.com/deadly-premonition-classified-edition?&utm_source=PrinnyBomb&utm_medium=email&utm_content=textlink2&utm_campaign=DeadlyPremonition

I want it for PS4 :(.

And it's a crazy, silly, fun game that more people need to play.

And it's a crazy, silly, fun game that more people need to play.

I love it dearly too. And if you don't want to play it, you can always enjoy Jeff and Vinny from GB doing a lovely LP of it: 

Also would like to add that the Pokemon test press cover is already a lot better-looking than the regular press is going to come out with.