No Sleep Records test press sale

I think a lot of it has to do with the crowd that the label draws. I feel like No Sleep is more prone to the teenager who will bid to raise the price for shits and giggles, but has no intention of actually paying for it. I don't see that same type of crowd having the same amount of interest in a label like Magic Bullet.

I've also realised that if I ever want to own a test press I'm probably gonna have to just put away and sit on a pile of money, and then wait for an event like this and hope it has something I'd like. Contacting a label about anything never seems to work out very well for me.

Yeah that's the probably the reason..

This hit me quite unexpected as the last auction was not so long ago but as the split I want is not that exciting for most of the people I will probably be lucky. Contacting the label nearly never works. Bridge 9 takes offers but most of the time you will end up much cheaper with the auctions I guess.

One shitty thing about eBay is that someone could put a bid for like $500 last second just to ensure that no one could outbid them, and then they pay a dollar above the next person's highest bid.

Now excuse me for being ignorant since I don't spend a ton of time on the bidding end of ebay, I usually buy now, but how does that exactly work?

Now excuse me for being ignorant since I don't spend a ton of time on the bidding end of ebay, I usually buy now, but how does that exactly work?

You could put in a bid for $1,000,000 and as long as the next highest person only bid $499.00, you pay $500.00. It's just how eBay works, They only raise bids by something like $1.00 at a time.

You could put in a bid for $1,000,000 and as long as the next highest person only bid $499.00, you pay $500.00. It's just how eBay works, They only raise bids by something like $1.00 at a time.

Every once in a blue moon, though, you get two guys with the same idea and the thing ends up going for like $800. Good stuff.

Yeah you would think that but I inquired about a TTWTWM test for B&C straight through Chris and he pretty much wanted Ebay prices. I said I couldn't go that high and he then proceeded to tell me that he was going to throw some tests up on ebay soon and maybe I could get it for less...pretty douche move I thought. I then proceeded to sell off my TTWTWM collection because I'll never be able to afford the test to complete the variants.

Edit: This is my personal opinion, but I've always felt like No Sleep was all about the money.

I think it was a good move to just sell them. The pressings of this album are so incredibly bad it's not even worth having one copy IMO. I just bought the 2nd press after selling the first b/c they claimed it had no surface noise.. HA! It was worse than my first press! and the thing is so flimsy that if you shake it, it literally makes the noise that a poster board would make if you shook it.

So the test press is just a symbol of how bad the pressings are of a SUCH A GOOD album, and it represents how their test press is not actually a test press b/c it is clear they didn't test it before mass producing it. And the fact the 2nd press is just as bad after they lied and claimed it was better just reiterates your conclusion that No Sleep is all about the money. What a shitty label... might as well be victory...