Ike Turner "Father Alone" 7'' white label promo question

Hello,

I just got a 7'' of Ike Turner's "Father Alone" and it has a white label with the title and artist handwritten. I checked Discogs and they do not have anything matching. Stamped as a United Artists Records UA-13483-E. It also has K-8323 etched as well. I believe like the single, it has a stereo side and a mono side. I cannot find anything on this record. Does anyone have any info on it? Is it a bootleg? 

Thanks,

D

Most test presses don't say "test press" on them but they'll have white and/or generic labels from the pressing plant with nothing on the labels to say what record their are. To be more easily identifiable, some people will write the album info on the label.

The release number and the matrix number don't always have to be the same. Buy the one off eBay for 5 bucks and then compare the two.

I don't think the song was popular enough to warrant a bootleg. And even so, it would mostly likely have printed labels if it were one.

I have the song on a gospel Ike & Tina collection which is weird because she isn't on the song. I just think they have stuff together that sounds similar to this but is just way more kick ass. You can listen to a clip of the song here: http://www.allmusic.com/song/father-alone-mt0000697302

As far as Ike's music without Tina, I prefer his pre-Tina instrumental stuff like he did w/ the Kings of Rhythm like the song below:

Ike Turner always looks bad god damn ass though:

I have the song on a gospel Ike & Tina collection which is weird because she isn't on the song. I just think they have stuff together that sounds similar to this but is just way more kick ass. You can listen to a clip of the song here: http://www.allmusic.com/song/father-alone-mt0000697302

As far as Ike's music without Tina, I prefer his pre-Tina instrumental stuff like he did w/ the Kings of Rhythm like the song below:

Ike Turner always looks bad god damn ass though:

Dude, Funky Mule is dope! Are you into soul/funk or just Ike?

Thanks for song link @74R; it's kind of a hard track to find online. 

Here is a picture of the record:

http://i1102.photobucket.com/albums/g442/deemo310/Ike%20Turner%20-%20Father%20Alone%2045rpm%20white%20label%20promo/unnamed.jpg

I have to admit that's pretty bad ass. I don't even care what song it is now that I've seen it.

Dude, Funky Mule is dope! Are you into soul/funk or just Ike?

I'm super into funk, disco(I have no shame) and any soul music that makes me want to dance. I'm not all crazy/goo goo gaga over Northern Soul or anything like that but I do like quite a bit of it.

i just got off a 3 year bender of 60-70s instrumentals & elevator music & total instrumental/funk/disco cover songs from that era. That's like seriously all I searched for for about 3 years. I'm always open to new stuff so feel free to message me about any thing you think I might like or if you may be interested in anything I just mentioned.

I came across this funky ass "Brick In The Wall" cover a couple months ago. I love stuff like this and have quite a bit of it:

Thanks for all the info guys.

I mainly bought the record because of the handwritten white label; plus I got it for a steal...I'm a huge funk/soul/music fan in general. I've worked at a few labels' marketing/a&r departments; so I have a vast appreciation for music from many sides. Recently I've mostly been listening to the Now Again Records catalog, which is run by the former GM of Stones Throw Records; if you're familiar with them. Now Again has been reissuing amazing funk/soul/jazz/world music on LP for many years. They have compilations of super rare 45s that are outstanding as well, def check those out. Other than that, mostly old stuff like Breakwater, Port Authority, JBs, Lou Donaldson, Gene Harris, etc...Any idea on the value? Curious.

I'm super into funk, disco(I have no shame) and any soul music that makes me want to dance. I'm not all crazy/goo goo gaga over Northern Soul or anything like that but I do like quite a bit of it.

i just got off a 3 year bender of 60-70s instrumentals & elevator music & total instrumental/funk/disco cover songs from that era. That's like seriously all I searched for for about 3 years. I'm always open to new stuff so feel free to message me about any thing you think I might like or if you may be interested in anything I just mentioned.

I came across this funky ass "Brick In The Wall" cover a couple months ago. I love stuff like this and have quite a bit of it:

That's a rad cover.

I'm into mostly New Orleans soul/funk. Eddie Bo is the dude I've been obsessing over the past couple years. Besides Fats, he's the most prolific NOLA musician, releasing tons of singles and writing/recording/producing for a bunch of other folk.

Here some favorites of mine:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Am-asXhquVQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rY6iVnCUpjM

Sweet thanks. I'll check those out.

I have a Eddie Bo comp called the Hook & Sling. The Song "Eddie's Rubber Band" rules. I like the whole thing though.

That Wild Magnolias song is great. Hadn't heard of them before.

Not sure if you download stuff but there's a Goldmine torrent that has 67 northern soul cd comps. It's about 4 gigs worth of stuff. Have been slowly working my way through that the last year and have found some cool stuff.

I like pretty much every thing and have been going through Gabor Szabo's discography as well and found this song that sounds like an instrumental version of Massive Attack from 1969. Not sure if you're into that but it's pretty cool.

^ That's pretty cool. Funk is really the only instrumental music I get down on. Otherwise, I need good lyrics. Even if the music is good, I need good lyrics too.

In an aim to keep this thread on track, there's a soul/funk thread around these parts:

http://boards.vinylcollective.com/topic/86916-soul-funk-and-blues-record-thread/

Sweet thanks. I'll check those out.

I have a Eddie Bo comp called the Hook & Sling. The Song "Eddie's Rubber Band" rules. I like the whole thing though.

That Wild Magnolias song is great. Hadn't heard of them before.

Not sure if you download stuff but there's a Goldmine torrent that has 67 northern soul cd comps. It's about 4 gigs worth of stuff. Have been slowly working my way through that the last year and have found some cool stuff.

I like pretty much every thing and have been going through Gabor Szabo's discography as well and found this song that sounds like an instrumental version of Massive Attack from 1969. Not sure if you're into that but it's pretty cool.

Such a fresh track. Massive Attack is great.