Metallica Repress under Blackened Recordings

Metallica Club has a Master of Puppets on Blackened Recordings on the main page of the MetClub Site. This link is also floating around.

http://www.elusivedisc.com/Metallica/products/179/

The site says ----- Just like the last Repress

Half Speed Mastered From Original Analog Tapes at Mobile Fidelity Sound Labs for the ultimate listening experience... Audiophile Quality, Louder, Faster, Heavier!!! 

The first 3 Albums seem to be 1Lp - If the Above line is true then i would avoid the first 3 albums.....especially Puppets....it was a horrible press the last time around. 

Guess more news when they are released.

It took me a heap of time and money to get all the last variants....(except some white presses)....honestly hope they keep this basic hahahah....but its Metallica.....they will have Metclub special variants

Yeah no kidding. I traded someone on the MetClub boards who was a huge shift knob collector (I'm sure you can figure it out) a Hetfield signed JITF blue shifter for a White 4 x LP Load variant. The only variants I'm missing are Reload, TBA, and DM. Got all of them through MetClub luckily.

Yeah no kidding. I traded someone on the MetClub boards who was a huge shift knob collector (I'm sure you can figure it out) a Hetfield signed JITF blue shifter for a White 4 x LP Load variant. The only variants I'm missing are Reload, TBA, and DM. Got all of them through MetClub luckily.

All of mine were after the fact, but got them all relatively cheap.....except for Yellow S&M which seemed a lot trickier to find. RTL and MOP i ended up having spares of when the garage sales came round but ended up trading them out.

I dont really want to put anymore cash into the coloured pressings.....i still dont have DM TBA Load Reload.....and probably never will.....

Those Blackened releases are a joke. I have the Quebec blu-ray - the booklet/sleeve isnt even printed fully (looks like they ran out of ink in the pressing plant and no one noticed). I also bought the Througn The Never 3LP (EU version) and all the records were warped as hell -  turns out that every copy in my record store was warped - and the price was insane (50 euros). Records were 120 gram.

Those Blackened releases are a joke. I have the Quebec blu-ray - the booklet/sleeve isnt even printed fully (looks like they ran out of ink in the pressing plant and no one noticed). I also bought the Througn The Never 3LP (EU version) and all the records were warped as hell - turns out that every copy in my record store was warped - and the price was insane (50 euros). Records were 120 gram.

My copies of TTN are Great. The 45 is much better but the 33 is still pretty solid. I ordered on release day through metclub and it was just on $100 shipped to Australia from the US......7Lps in 2 Box sets......I think its the best vinyl release from them in a long time

yea i would assume these are the same as the WB versions.

the black album sounded good, but that's about it.

i am trying to track down a megaforce ride the lightning. last one i want. i have OG of kill, puppets, and justice.

I can't seem to find an OG of TBA (at a price I'm happy with). I've been able to find everything else.

The sad thing is I already have the 2008 press of MoP and from the look at prices on Discogs and eBay for older presses, unfortunately it looks like I'll be buying these represses when I get a chance. MoP does sound pretty muddy but it's fine, I think Met should sound a little dirty and sludgy on their earlier stuff. But what do I know? All I've ever had in the past were CD copies of all the albums. I would love to hear a muddied version of Justice because the guitar tones ok that record annoy me to no end.

For the First 3 albums..........

KEA - RTL - MOP - Nexus/King Jap Press - Banzai Canadian Press - there was a UK Press 2Lp Direct Master Press thats awesome (that will be the one your talking about)

....AJFA - Anything Pre Warner/Universal Presses

TBA - The warner 2LP and 4LPs are awesome......Simply Vinyl Press is generally Regarded as the Best Press

Load - DM - Any Elektra or OG Press......shouldnt be too hard to find

Metallica was always one of my favorite bands. I sadly own nothing of them on vinyl. I only want to own Kill Em All, RTL, MOP and AJFA. Anyone have any suggestions what press to start? i have eyed the Warner presses in the past, but if they suck i really dont want to spend my money on that. thanks for any suggestions!

For the First 3 albums..........

KEA - RTL - MOP - Nexus/King Jap Press - Banzai Canadian Press - there was a UK Press 2Lp Direct Master Press thats awesome (that will be the one your talking about)

....AJFA - Anything Pre Warner/Universal Presses

TBA - The warner 2LP and 4LPs are awesome......Simply Vinyl Press is generally Regarded as the Best Press

Load - DM - Any Elektra or OG Press......shouldnt be too hard to find

Metallica was always one of my favorite bands. I sadly own nothing of them on vinyl. I only want to own Kill Em All, RTL, MOP and AJFA. Anyone have any suggestions what press to start? i have eyed the Warner presses in the past, but if they suck i really dont want to spend my money on that. thanks for any suggestions!

See above

i just did a shoot out for all the pressings i have recently...

kill 'em all i prefer the original megaforce but i listen to the first Elektra pressing the most b/c it has am i evil/blitzkrieg

the 45rpm 2xlp sounded super harsh to me.

the 33rpm WB reissue sounded super dull to me (all the ones I have do, except the black album)

i skipped ride the lightning vinyl bc i don't have the original Megaforce, or even the Elektra. i have the 33 and 45 WB reissues. i was never wowed by either for sure. i haven't listened to them recently w/ my latest vinyl setup.

master of puppets i preferred the Elektra original. i had traded away my 45rpm 2xlp of that one but the 33 was,  again, dull. My buddy who I traded it too has a pretty high-end setup and he said he thought the 45rpm sounded great. but, i wasn't impressed enough to keep it obviously and i've never seen too many good comments about it.

justice i preferred the original pressing but the 45rpm 4xlp didn't sound too bad; it sounded pretty close to the original press I thought. that album needs a full-on remix a la the 2014 In Utero to make an alternate reality version w/ bass. that should be their next cash grab RSD release. just sayin'. i didn't even want to listen to the 33 WB version. i only made it through one side.

overall though, i think the reissues are prob fine for casual listeners. i was kinda surprised that when i put on an original press it would just get me super pumped up on the album and just sounded rad. if you're a metallica fan and love the albums, i'd say search out the original presses. or at least the Elektra ones for KEM and RTL. i didn't have to break the bank for any of the ones i have either. altho i'm having a tough time finding a clean copy of Megaforce RTL for a reasonable price.

they also switched from mobile fidelity to using bernie grundman at RTI for the black album. i suspect the production on the black album was also just a lot better than fleming rasmussen's work and the budget was likely a lot higher than the early stuff for recording. that album has grown on me in recent years. it's just not a thrash record obviously. i get in the mood to spin it every now and then.

i have seen debate about the CDs apparently too. there was some 'secret' remastering done in mid 90s (they have EM Ventures on the back and/or RE-1 in the CD inner ring--some don't have EM Ventures on the back but are the 'secret' remasters). i dunno really how much diff it makes. i listened to the gold DCC remasters of Master of Puppets and Ride the Lightning compared to the original Elektra CDs and they might've been slightly preferable but not nearly worth what it costs to get ahold of them now.

and the UK 2xLP DMM versions mentioned are the 1987 (i think) Music for Nations release of MoP and RTL btw.