Metallica Repress under Blackened Recordings

1 hour ago, filthyrich said:

The 45 RPM is a pain since you have to flip records every two songs, but I can confirm it sounds like a truckload of dinosaurs coming at ya. (That's a good thing.)
I bought most of the 45 RPMs dirt cheap and sold them all later when the prices skyrocketed and I realized SQ was garbage... except for TBA. I have Elektra originals of RTL, MOP, and AJFA now. (FYI, the OP Elektra of AJFA is probably the best that album will ever sound... Definitely worth the money if you find one in good shape.)

The Sony/CBS Japanese pressing is pretty badass as well......But $$$s

1 hour ago, filthyrich said:

The 45 RPM is a pain since you have to flip records every two songs, but I can confirm it sounds like a truckload of dinosaurs coming at ya. (That's a good thing.)
I bought most of the 45 RPMs dirt cheap and sold them all later when the prices skyrocketed and I realized SQ was garbage... except for TBA. I have Elektra originals of RTL, MOP, and AJFA now. (FYI, the OP Elektra of AJFA is probably the best that album will ever sound... Definitely worth the money if you find one in good shape.)

Yuuuuuuup :)

13 hours ago, filthyrich said:

Well what sent me on the path to getting a good copy of TBA is I bought a second OG copy of AJFA this week at a local shop. I had a good play copy that had a busted jacket, as in someone had written their name on it, drew faces and extra facial hair on the band member photos etc. Jacket on the 2nd copy is VG+ and by combining the best quality LP's from the two I had, I now have a great copy of AJFA, minimal surface noise, it sounds fantastic. So TBA was the next frontier. 

• 10 months later...

Don't know anything about it. Given the time window between the latest round of Blackened pressings, it seems like it's coming in a little fast after Master of Puppets. If it's true, I wonder if they'll try to squeeze it on 1 LP? :D

Honestly though, I'm pleasantly surprised with how well the newest pressing of MOP sounds (Ride also rules, but it's shorter and not quite as jam-packed on a single LP). Yeah, MOP is  quiet, but if you crank it, it sounds great (shame about the surface noise during some quiet parts though).

Still can't find any info on this AJFA release. High Roller Records usually had legit new releases and so does Amazon. But what throws me off is that the label that's pressing it is Mercury. I was under the impression that all of Metallica's catalog is under Blackened Records...

Anyone have anything on this upcoming release?