I just got one of the best deals of my life.

1st press clear vinyl Gamma Ray 7" for $3.00 @ Vinyl Solution with a slight discount for being "someone who actually cares about this shit". Gamma Ray was their name before they changed it to Queens of the Stone Age. I think I paid $10 for the Kyuss Into The Void 10" & the QOTSA/Beaver 10" during the same purchase.

I also sold a 1st press sealed copy of the self-titled QOTSA album I luckily found way after it had sold out when I was kinda desperate for money. I sold it for  $140 on eBay with the description "still sealed - unknown color" but figured it was on black vinyl. The guy was nice enough to tell me after he opened it that it was the green vinyl version that at one point was selling for $500-600.

Kinda all evens out in the end.

The best record nerd deal I've gotten is the "This Comp Kills Fascists" 7" box set on clear for $15. Not something I pull out often and I try not to care too much about color but I still think that's awesome.

Best trades were a splatter version of "Crack the Skye" I got from Reckless for $20 and traded for the "Blood Mountain" 2xLP, "Axe to Fall" on clear and "Jane Doe" on orange swirl; and the Ghosts & Vodka "Momento Mori" 7" I got for two bucks that I traded for Algernon Cadwallader's demo and a few other records. 

I don't usually have much luck with these things, but few months ago, I was on the Warner Bros vinyl site and found a copy of the long-sold-out MCR Danger Days Red/White/Blue swirl for the RRP of $19.99.

No idea where the stock came from, but I put an order through and the damn thing actually shipped. The only one on Discogs right now is currently up for $100.

Obviously I'd rather have just a regular a copy of The Black Parade instead though.

Awhile back I bought a bunch of records from a dude off of Tumblr. I think the I spent under $60 for all of them.

The best from the group where:

The Format - Time Bomb (blue)

Title Fight - The Last Thing You Forget (black)

The Wonder Years - Don't Let Me Cave In (grey)

The Wonder Years - Came Out Swinging (green)

The Wonder Years - Suburbia (grey)

+a couple others

That's awesome.

I used to find some decent stuff on eBay through misspelling the band name or similar errors that no one else seemed to see. Not sure what happened with this one but awesome nonetheless! 

Except for my LWW and s/t 7" test, all my Rancid or Rancid related test pressings I paid no more than $20 with some even free. I've had plenty of great deals, but those stand out most to me.

There are also other records I have that are very valuable now, but I got them new so I don't count those as getting a great deal.