I just got one of the best deals of my life.

Been having a lot of success buying collections this year.  I keep what I want, sell the rest, and donate what I don't sell to charity.  Made enough to put a new roof on my house, keep a few grand in records, and donate another grand or so in records to charity.  The records I have sunk into my collection for .50 each or less have been mind blowing.  2014, I'm in love with you.

anything real notable? 

I know this really isn't what you guys are saying, but I passed on a copy of Ribbed on yellow I found at a flea market before I knew crap about NOFX. (luckly that was the only NOFX album there)  I don't really remember there being any other 90's punk/alt rock as I assumed somebody already bought the other ones. It was a dollar.

I know this really isn't what you guys are saying, but I passed on a copy of Ribbed on yellow I found at a flea market before I knew crap about NOFX. (luckly that was the only NOFX album there)  I don't really remember there being any other 90's punk/alt rock as I assumed somebody already bought the other ones. It was a dollar.

Fuck man

While Vheissu was up in the 200s on ebay I checked their webstore randomly and there it was...I guess they found a box of them at the warehouse or something, because they were randomly restocked on it again for $20. Thought about buying them all up, but felt like a dick so I bought one then told everyone on the Thrice page (when you could actually chat on them) about it. Definitely made a lot of folks happy that day.

Again, not a craaaazy deal, but Christie Front Drive's second S/T album for $1.26 instead of like...$12 or whatever. It's listed as "good" condition on eBay, we'll see what that means. Looked better than good to me, and all his used records are listed as good condition even though they all look much better.

A couple of years ago I won a copy of Two New Songs by Mount Eerie (with a hand painted sleeve by Phil Elverum) for $10 on eBay.

What's even crazier is that I was on vacation in another country at the time so I had to place my bid a few hours before the auction ended while I had wifi access and I still managed to win it for next to nothing.

b8cb6110-1107-48d0-aae7-2d1c32157d48_zps

Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds - Let Love In - 1994 Germany press for $25 bucks at my local record store. Literally the only album by them I wanted and it was mint condition.

There have been a whole bunch of nick cave bootlegs that are "German" pressings of late. They look very similar to the original pressings but there are small differences you can see that are listed on discogs

Is there a story behind this?

A friend of a friend was selling off his collection. My buddy called and said they was a Nofx album and I asked him to grab it for me for $10, not even knowing what it was.

I had it for a few weeks until I realized how much of a good deal I got on it!

A couple of years ago I won a copy of Two New Songs by Mount Eerie (with a hand painted sleeve by Phil Elverum) for $10 on eBay.

What's even crazier is that I was on vacation in another country at the time so I had to place my bid a few hours before the auction ended while I had wifi access and I still managed to win it for next to nothing.

b8cb6110-1107-48d0-aae7-2d1c32157d48_zps

And unlike me, you didn't have to pay for overseas shipping because you live in the country where he sold these on tour.

• 4 months later...

So, about 2 weeks ago a nofx record that I've been wanting for years popped up on discogs, NOFX/Drowning roses split on black /450. They usually sell for $40-50ish if I'm not mistaken, and this one came out to $23ppd and I had a nice paypal balance so I decided to snag it.

Flash forward to today, I get the record and I open it. Turns out the seller listed it incorrectly and he sent me a RED COPY /50!!!!

These are so unbelievably rare, I never thought I would own one, and now I've got one for damn near next to nothing!! I'm in shock.

D1B1E4BE-D73F-49E5-9274-B7B16B0868D3_zps

DAYUMM!!!

As a rabid nofx collector..... wow....I just.....wow!!

I saw that pop up and almost jumped on it just because of the price. I really should have, I guess. That's the beauty of the 'Scogs...you never know what you're going to get. I bought Face to Face's DTA on purple for $20ppd, listed as FAT pressing, just because it was $20. It shows up, first press, purple marble, and autographed with some little doodles by the band. Surprise surprise!!! Nice score, man! I'm totally jealous