South-eastern Georgia and North-eastern Florida

So my friends and I are driving down to a condo on St Simon's Island from the 19th-27th. We really have no plans other than to go the beach. Does anybody here know the area at all and anything interesting to do? Anything that's not more than 3-4 hours away would be do-able. 

(And just for me, any cool record stores down there I should check out? :P

There's definitely enough to do and see in Savannah to make a day trip out of it. Tons of shops and restaurants (and beautiful houses) in the historic downtown area, and a bunch of stuff worth visiting on River Street. A personal favorite of mine is Savannah Candy Kitchen; there are two of them, and both are great, though I personally prefer the City Market location over the one on River Street.

Also, Graveface. Go to Graveface.

I used to live down there but that was nearly 20 years ago and I'm sure everything has changed dramatically. As a teenager we had plenty of good drinking spots around on the island.

Savannah isn't a bad idea but I'd stick to the downtown historic section, and avoid the rest of he city and Tyner island. Sign up for a walking tour of the city. There is a guy who does an architectural walking,tour that is great. His name is Jonathan something I think. Just google architectural walking tour Savannah.

You have to email him in advance and set it up. Also the pink house mansion restaurant/bar is really neat in Savannah. Get there early and go to the basement bar...it is haunted.

And stay away from downtown Brunswick unless you want to get robbed and shot. Be careful in Savannah as well. I lived in Atlanta for 7 years and still think it's safer,than Brunswick

Oh and I would NOT bother going to Daytona or even Jacksonville. Jacksonville is huge area wise so it takes forever to get around town....and also has a lot of crime. I is one of the shittiest cities I've ever been to..used to go a lot cause that was the closest location for concerts.

Daytona would be too long of a drive