Copeland - In Motion, Beneath Medicine Tree, YAMS

• 2 weeks later...

My white copy of YAMS is really quiet...gain is almost maxed on my mixer.  Anyone else?

i finally just got the chance to listen to my white copy. my first thought was that it seemed pretty quiet and un-dynamic. maybe it's the white vinyl but there's quite a bit of hiss and surface noise. i listened to the whole first song and then put on the original pressing. the original pressing blows this one away. pretty disappointing, but at least src made the jacket nicer. 

definitely glad i didn't get rid of my original pressing, i'll probably get rid of this new one though.

did anyone get the brown and white and can comment on whether the brown is louder?

• 4 weeks later...

i finally just got the chance to listen to my white copy. my first thought was that it seemed pretty quiet and un-dynamic. maybe it's the white vinyl but there's quite a bit of hiss and surface noise. i listened to the whole first song and then put on the original pressing. the original pressing blows this one away. pretty disappointing, but at least src made the jacket nicer. 

definitely glad i didn't get rid of my original pressing, i'll probably get rid of this new one though.

did anyone get the brown and white and can comment on whether the brown is louder?

Thanks for the feedback. Glad I'm not the only one.

Shame for such an amazing album...

I have the original pressing and the Root Beer. On first impression, the original sounds better. I have been meaning to do a back to back listen to a few tracks to compare but haven't gotten around to it. The Root Beer didn't sound bad though. I think I just prefer the mix on the og pressing.

I have the original pressing and the Root Beer. On first impression, the original sounds better. I have been meaning to do a back to back listen to a few tracks to compare but haven't gotten around to it. The Root Beer didn't sound bad though. I think I just prefer the mix on the og pressing.

the mixing shouldn't be any different. the vinyl mastering is different since they're different plates and they may have used a lower quality source, though SRC claims to only use the best. 

the mixing shouldn't be any different. the vinyl mastering is different since they're different plates and they may have used a lower quality source, though SRC claims to only use the best. 

Ah, Ok. Thanks for explaining, actually. For some reason I always assumed that part of remastering for vinyl was to adjust the mix and mess with the EQ a bit to better suit the format. I know for He Is Legend - It Hates You they actually remixed and remastered for the vinyl. probably to accommodate the sledgy bass without compressing everything else? Idk.

But I don't doubt you on this. I know you know what you're talking about and I'm just making speculations based on a pretty limited knowledge of the process. I'm about to do that listening test haha

• 1 month later...

Hey everyone,

There's new info on the Beneath Medicine Tree repress up on SRC.

It'll be up for pre-order starting at 1:00 P.M EST (01/22/15)

The price is set at $31.99 + 4.99 Shipping.

The pressing info is as follows

180 Gram Coke Bottle Clear (LTD 500)
180 Gram Clear With Black Smoke (LTD 1,500)

This repress by SRC is on 2xLP