Going To Philly Next Week, Where Should I Go?

So I am going to Philly next week for the first non work time in like 10 years.  Usually do not get to go poke around when I go since work kind of takes up my time.

Going to be seeing Nick Cave at the Mann (Pumped!) but was wondering if any Philly people or those who have frequented could recommend some goods restaurants, record shops, watering holes, etc.  I am going to be staying at a hotel close to the Mann if that helps, but will have transportation so can get around the city fairly easily.

Thanks in advance for the help!

If you're looking for watering holes check out Barcade. It's a bar with a ton of vintage arcade machines, fun for everyone. If you go there and have a miserable time there are a bunch of bars in that neighborhood that are fun. 

Also, I echo the sentiment that Philly record shops are generally pretty lacking.

You guys are nuts. Long In The Tooth is cool, but I have scored way more good records at Beautiful World Syndicate (on E. Passyunk)

I haven't been there yet myself, but I hear Sit & Spin records is a cool shop too.

It is laughable to call Philly record stores lacking. Every time I am in the city, I hit up at least one store and always leave with a pile of records. Philly has a higher number of quality record stores than most cities.

Sit & Spin Records is very fucking cool.  One of Philly's newer stores (only been there a year or two), but they are almost all punk and hardcore.

Aside from that I back Beautiful World Syndicate over Long in the Tooth, but they are both good.

and anyone saying Philly sucks for record stores is mental.  The three stores mentioned above are all better than most cities' single best effort, and there are still like 5-6 additional decent stores in Philly.

Thank you everyone for the ideas thus far. Seems long in the tooth has been reccommended across the board. I wish i had time to make the rounds to allthe shops but do not think i will.

Food/beer wise i always like trying staples of the city(i know kinda lame but they are praised for a reason) and then just places that have good quality food and or beer choices. Mini vacation is the time to treat myself i figure.

Long in the Tooth is by far my favorite record store in the city.

Repo Records (basement) you can find some gems.. but nothing too rare or great

Noise Pollution was good (haven't been there in years though)

for food, depends on what you're in the mood for..

check out Frankford Hall (great food and a beer garden), its a great atmosphere.

Spruce Street Harbor (new) is really good and has some foot options.

if you want bbq - Sweet Lucy's in the Northeast

Not food wise if you want to see something pretty cool I'd recommend checking out Eastern State Penitentiary.  Very, very old prison that is HUGE!  It hasn't been used since I want to say the 40's?  Either way worth checking out.  They do tours of it.

Also I'd say go check out the Rocky statue.  I love those movies (except for the 5th one, that one never happened in my opinion).

Check out The Franklin Institute or the Mutter Museum. Also the Phillies are home all next week. They're not selling out anymore so it will be easy for you to buy a ticket.

https://www.fi.edu/

http://muttermuseum.org/

I'll second all of these suggestions.

Tony Luke's is good, but Jim's is my favorite for cheesesteaks. Definitely don't go to pats or genos