PO: Weezer - Everything Will Be Alright In The End - PledgeMusic

Whadya know, another Weezer album I won't be buying. Disappointing because I'd really love to be able to get into them again...that song blows though.

I know talking shit about Weezer and wishing for another Blue Album/Pinkerton is probably the easy thing to do, but no other band has ever made me dislike them more each record than Weezer has. They just need to give up and move on to other projects, because obviously this band hasn't been an artistic vehicle for Rivers for more than a decade.

LOfuckingL at $18 for a CD. Rivers, this is not what people mean when they tell you they wish Weezer was more like they were in 1996.

28 dollars for a single LP lol

These. Also it blows my mind that a band like Weezer needs a 72 day pre-order with Pledgemusic to physically release an album. Does Katy Perry need one too? If so who doesn't then?

These. Also it blows my mind that a band like Weezer needs a 72 day pre-order with Pledgemusic to physically release an album. Does Katy Perry need one too? If so who doesn't then?

Isn't this the truth. Weezer really died when Matt Sharp left the band. I can't believe the band that made two of my favorite records of all time consistently puts out the shit they do. Its awful. I guess they are laughing all the way to the bank.

I'm probably just going to wait until it hits store shelves, but I think Back to the Shack is a perfectly acceptable lead-off single - Weezer has always picked the most radio friendly pop tune as the lead-off and have had a few gems here and there that never make it out in single form - I don't think we can judge the album direction by just this one track.

Isn't this the truth. Weezer really died when Matt Sharp left the band. I can't believe the band that made two of my favorite records of all time consistently puts out the shit they do. Its awful. I guess they are laughing all the way to the bank.

I'm glad someone else thinks this way. Everyone always mentions the whole Pinkerton flopping and Rivers not wanting to write personal lyrics. I've always thought Matt's departure hurt the aesthetic of the band just as much. And he has continued to make really good pop rock that isn't devoid of a soul.