Mineral - The Power of Failing and Endserenading Deluxe 2xLPs.

0a36fa29195073292deec6f3d7652d51.png

The vinyl will be colored and cut at 45RPM

The prices from Xtra Mile are shitty, but here ya go international folk.

The Power of Failing

Endserenading

1994-1998 The Complete Collection

Mineral – 1994 – 1998 The Complete Collection (2 x CD)

Disc 1: The Power of Failing
1. Five, Eight and Ten
2. Gloria
3. Slower
4. Dolorosa
5. 80 – 37
6. If I Could
7. July
8. Silver
9. Take The Picture Now
10. Parking Lot
BONUS TRACKS
1. Sadder Star
2. Five, Eight and Ten (alternate take)
3. Parking Lot (alternate version *)
4. Gloria (alternate take *)
5. If I Could (alternate mix *)
* - previously unreleased

Disc 2: EndSerenading
1. Lovelettertypewriter
2. Palisade
3. Gjs
4. Unfinished
5. ForIvadel
6. Wakingtowinter
7. Aletter
8. Soundslikesunday
9. &serenading
10. Thelastwordisrejoice
BONUS TRACKS
1. Rubber Legs
2. February
3. M.D.
4. Love My Way
5. Crazy

Direct Metal Mastering is a one-step process. Mostly automated. They're cut at a different angle than lacquers even though a lacquer's cutting angle is closer to your cartridge at home. the fact that DMM masters are cut at an almost 0° makes a more harsh sound. hi-hats sound real "tinny" for instance. Not all DMM records sound bad, but I don't see them sounding much better than the cds. I definitely think fidelity gets lost on DMM recordings.

DMM has definitely become a buzzword to sell vinyl and I don't get it. Does the label/band actually think that most people who read their facebook know what 'DMM' means?

DMM is a digital process and usually gets chosen because the label doesn't want to remaster for vinyl, but I really don't know if that's the case here. Might as well just listen to the CD. 

if you're implying that the original tapes were remastered for analog vinyl and mastered directly to copper. i'll eat my hat. that sounds completely pointless though. 

but back to my original statement. i'm definitely holding onto my original pressings and wouldn't advise anyone to rush out to get rid of them before buying these. They'll sound different and I'll be excited to compare them. I do think the original LPs sound much better than the CDs I had. 

if you're implying that the original tapes were remastered for analog vinyl and mastered directly to copper. i'll eat my hat. that sounds completely pointless though. 

I'm implying that you're just trying to be difficult :P

The original press is missing two of my favorite songs, the repress is obviously straight from the CD with all the songs. Lose/lose, but this has more potential than the repress.

I'm implying that you're just trying to be difficult :P

The original press is missing two of my favorite songs, the repress is obviously straight from the CD with all the songs. Lose/lose, but this has more potential than the repress.

i think you're absolutely right about the repress.

What the real question now is what will be different with the US/EU pressings since two different labels are pressing them. If the US ones are pressed in the US there are no DMM plants in the US. Sadly, I assume GZ/Pirates Press will be handling these which is just a bummer. 

People will undoubtedly confuse 'looking nice' with 'sounding great'.