Mineral - The Power of Failing and Endserenading Deluxe 2xLPs.

That's a real bummer that these are so damn expensive. I guess I'll just order The Power of Failing from Krank! and leave it at that for a while.

Laaaaame.

I did email the guy at ARR asking if he made a mistake pricing these though...hopefully he hit 2 instead of 1 and they're $18...but I doubt it :/

Response from the guy at ARR:

Subject: Re: Question re: Mineral reissues
Date: Fri, 5 Sep 2014 07:39:00 -0700
To:

that's actually LOW for gatefold 2xLP 180 G vinyl! we made sure to price them as low as possible. the costs on these were INSANE to produce this quality of product. a single LP that lists at 14.99 for 180G is nearly unhead of. put two of them together and that's what each of these releases essentially are. hope this clarifies things. maybe you didn't see that boht are double lps, gatefold and 180G? all sales are handled via our distributor redeye and will also be available on amazon and the other usual suspect. hope this clarifies things a bit! 

To:

that's actually LOW for gatefold 2xLP 180 G vinyl! we made sure to price them as low as possible. the costs on these were INSANE to produce this quality of product. a single LP that lists at 14.99 for 180G is nearly unhead of. put two of them together and that's what each of these releases essentially are. hope this clarifies things. maybe you didn't see that boht are double lps, gatefold and 180G? all sales are handled via our distributor redeye and will also be available on amazon and the other usual suspect. hope this clarifies things a bit! 

Link them to Modest Mouse and the media mail page on usps

Anyways, good to hear it'll be on Amazon

To:

Bull shit on that about costs. I've been looking into pressing stuff and to do a 2xLP on 180 gram it's not that pricey at all.

While I was slightly surprised at the price, I don't find it upsetting whatsoever.   I've been collecting for over 10 years, and the days of $12 LPs and $15 double LPs have been gone for a while for the most part.  It's pretty normal to see a $25 - $30 release nowadays.  I plan on picking these up on my next pay day, even though I have both originals.  $28 for a double 180g, remastered, band sanctioned, gatefold version of two of my favorite records ever really is a fair price...especially for records that have been going for $60-$100 on ebay for years.  God forbid someone makes a little money selling music.

Well, it is fairly pricey, but not too overly pricey like some of you are making it out to be.

To put it into context, the 180g 2xLP variant for Converge's All We Love We Leave Behind cost $25. The 2xLP non-180g variants for Seahaven's Reverie Lagoon were $23. Yet there wasn't much complaining about the prices when those were released.

Just saying...

Well, it is fairly pricey, but not too overly pricey like some of you are making it out to be.

To put it into context, the 180g 2xLP variant for Converge's All We Love We Leave Behind cost $25. The 2xLP non-180g variants for Seahaven's Reverie Lagoon were $23. Yet there wasn't much complaining about the prices when those were released.

Just saying...

this. and the Jesu 'Conqueror' repress coming out is $30 and no one bat a fucking lash when that price was announced. people are very selectively crazy about prices it seems.

To me, it's the shipping that's more ridiculously priced than anything. Hoping the price is comparable on Amazon so it'll even out with the free shipping.

Well, shipping is $4 for one of them. But $10 for both is indeed too much. Personally I'll be waiting to see how much it's priced on amazon.

While I was slightly surprised at the price, I don't find it upsetting whatsoever.   I've been collecting for over 10 years, and the days of $12 LPs and $15 double LPs have been gone for a while for the most part.  It's pretty normal to see a $25 - $30 release nowadays.  I plan on picking these up on my next pay day, even though I have both originals.  $28 for a double 180g, remastered, band sanctioned, gatefold version of two of my favorite records ever really is a fair price...especially for records that have been going for $60-$100 on ebay for years.  God forbid someone makes a little money selling music.

Almost $70 shipped for two records is bonkers. Fuck Hot Topic 25-30 isn't normal.

Just saying...

People complained about Seahaven, and it's still $20 cheaper to buy two copies from RFC.