The Official Pizza Thread.

It might be cheaper to pick it up locally and ship it yourself, but having the Amazon option is nice.

Probably true, it's more the hassle of boxing it up and actually shipping it that gets me though. If it isn't a crazy amount different I'd go with amazon just out of convenience.

I'm part of the problem.

My local Papa John's recently hit 20,000 likes on Facebook, so in celebration, they gave away 200 large pizzas. Guess who has two thumbs and got one of those free pizzas.

Say what you want about Papa John's, but a free pizza is a free pizza.

True, true. And honestly if I'm at some thing and they're like "We got pizza from Papa Johns!" I'm not going to say "Oh, no thank you." Nah, I'm going to eat that pizza. Because...pizza, dude. It's better than not pizza.

Because...pizza, dude. It's better than not pizza.

This is my new life mantra.

Earlier today I went to a place in Athens that I'd never been to before, called Mama Sid's. It claims it's Athens' oldest pizzeria, and it definitely looks the part. Pretty standard "family owned pizza joint that's been around forever somehow" style stuff: nothing special, but it's surprisingly decent when it's fresh out of the oven. You can order a pizza to your table for like $10 or $12 a pie, but they also do a $7.00 buffet ($5.00 for students).

One thing that I liked a lot about this place is that you can pick and choose your toppings or ask for one of the specialty pizzas, and they'll put it out on the buffet for you instead of charging you the table service price. I can't even begin to imagine how much money they've lost doing that, but it's secured my future business for sure. I'll pay $5 for buffet pizza there over shit like CiCi's or Stevi B's any day of the week. Also, huge bonus points for it being BYOB. I'm definitely bringing a bottle of something to have with my za next time I go.

Quality of Pizza: 7/10

Atmosphere: 6/10

Value for the Money: 10/10

Supporting local businesses: Yes

BYOB: Hell yes

Overall rating: 8.5/10

tbbAAJk.jpg

I used to work at a pizza place and this monstrosity is the chilli cheese fry pizza we made because it sounded great. In case you were wondering, besides one piece I ate this thing over the course of 2 days because the other guys didn't appreciate my genius.

Hooooooooly moley. I'd eat that jam so hard.

Are pizza parties a thing any more?

Were pizza parties ever a thing?

This made me laugh quite a bit, for some reason.

And pizza parties are definitely a thing for me, I coach a college ultimate team and that is just about the only way to motivate them

also, beer.

I remember seeing good vegetarian toppings being mulled about a few pages back. I would say if you have fresh mozzarella, basil, and fresh garlic then that's all you'll need. A hole in the wall pizza joint by my house makes a fresh mozzarella pie with garlic and it's the bomb. Greasy as shit but awesome.

I remember seeing good vegetarian toppings being mulled about a few pages back. I would say if you have fresh mozzarella, basil, and fresh garlic then that's all you'll need. A hole in the wall pizza joint by my house makes a fresh mozzarella pie with garlic and it's the bomb. Greasy as shit but awesome.

Sounds disgustingly amazing

We get pizza every first Friday at my company, only if there are no injuries in the warehouse. Really good local place pizza too.

Some kid cracked his head open, had to get stitches, and we still got pizza, so I'm not sure how the rule really works.