PO: The American Scene - HAZE

Yeah, I'm not sure that this album is going to stick with me like Safe For Now did.  Needless to say, it's still a pleasant album and the complete listen just floated right by.  It does have a little of a redundancy in sound from track to track.  I noticed the guitar tone and a lot of the guitar style are very similar throughout which I think kind of creates that effect.  My haze wasn't all that impressive looking either.  I feel like that one in the picture in the post above is twice as cool.  It's all good.

So I just came home to this package, opened it up and they sent me the wrong variant too.

I'm actually really bummed/ticked off since I'm one of the few that likes the haze variant better and this isn't the first time MerchNow has done this.

Hopefully they still have copies available so I can exchange it, otherwise, if anyone wants to trade their haze for my smash, PM me.

So I just came home to this package, opened it up and they sent me the wrong variant too.

I'm actually really bummed/ticked off since I'm one of the few that likes the haze variant better and this isn't the first time MerchNow has done this.

Hopefully they still have copies available so I can exchange it, otherwise, if anyone wants to trade their haze for my smash, PM me.

Same :/

There are only two copies left of the haze variant too. I emailed MerchNow and Pure Noise.

Mine was labeled as the haze variant, just not the right variant inside.  Good luck to you guys in getting a replacement, maybe Jake has a few copies set aside.  He sent me his personal copy of a Troubled Coast album when I got the wrong variant.  Super good dude.

Yeah Jake is definitely a good guy. I'm not even sure what mine was labeled.

This happened to me with Front Porch Step and Landscapes' albums, both of which I exchanged no problem, but I'm thinking since this is sold out it's probably not going to happen.

For anyone that got the wrong variant and hasn't contacted MerchNow, I suggest you do so.

I just received this email:

Hello,

This is Olivia from MerchNow. I’m writing to you because you contacted us recently regarding your copy of The American Scene – Haze Vinyl LP, which was sent out to you with the incorrect color variation. We responded with instructions to mail that item back to us so we could exchange it with the correct pressing, but we actually received some updated information regarding how this situation is being handled on our end.

If you have not yet sent the vinyl back to us, you are no longer being required to do so. We received a new shipment of the vinyl yesterday, and have been given clearance to send them out to anyone who received the wrong pressing, along with a return label so the incorrect versions can be sent back to us at no additional cost to you guys.

If you’ve already sent it back, that’s no trouble at all, we’ll just process it as a regular return & exchange and reimburse you for the shipping costs once it arrives, just as we discussed before.

I hope that all makes sense, and if you have any other questions in the meantime, please don’t hesitate to let us know.

Thanks, and take care!

Olivia 
Customer Service 
(518) 458-9563 ext. 220