The Promise Ring and Jets To Brazil reissues... 2015.

• 4 weeks later...

Basically paying $65 for Wood/Water.  wtf.

Yeah, but I sold a beat up original for $55 a few years ago. That ain't bad for a brand new, dead stock copy.

While the price is high, it's market value for an actual original pressing. I'm surprised they didn't make that fact clearer when promoting it. Totally thought these were represses for a second.

Also, I'd rather the band profit on the markup for an old record than someone flipping it on ebay.

didn't realize Wood/Water went for that much.  last couple copies on ebay were 40-45.  still sucks that they've been sitting on this stock for years.  

also, not sure you can really call it flipping when the record has been out for 13 years.  

Yeah, good point. Wrong choice of words on my part.

We don't know how many they have, but it may be a lot. If they can move the stuff, good for them. I definitely can't afford it, and I wish I could. And I think the band deserves it, honestly. They provided some amazing music that I'll remember for the rest of my days.

But on the "flip" side (I know, my puns are tragic), if they were selling these for even half that price, these would be gone super quickly with a good chunk being resold at a higher price. If you look at it that way, you're basically getting some tote bags and buttons on top of a rare record.

Great deal if you can afford it. Sucks that I can't, but fuck it. Lets go bowling.

• 2 months later...