Guest jonpasqual

Guest jonpasqual

HELLO LADIES AND GENTLEMEN!!

A friend of mine and I recently got into pressing vinyl. Our first was tackling this album we loved from our childhood. I'd love to press vinyl for people and possibly sell some boots without going to jail or getting a lawsuit. Just made these two for myself and my buddy. 

R-5916890-1406263726-4224.jpeg

R-5916890-1406263794-6120.jpeg

R-5916890-1406263799-3764.jpeg

Guest jonpasqual

The quality is fantastic. Its FLAC to vinyl. which sounds just as awesome. Very minimal noise or cracks or pops. And this was totally for nostalgia ! 

Guest jonpasqual

This sorta thing and Andrew's jackets would go well together.

I don't really know all the legal aspects of this sorta thing, but if he's making them for friends who are giving him the cost of making them, is it the same as selling them at a profit?

Contacted him. Never got an answer sadly.

Guest jonpasqual

I'm a little scared to ask how much these things would cost knowing how much it costs to do. Or how much I assume it costs.

We press ourselves! But the tools and everything that come with purchasing a machine to press are a pain in the ass especially learning how to press. LOTS of trial and error. But I think we've got the rhythm down now. But If we were to sell LP's for people. It would be around $60. 

But If we were to sell LP's for people. It would be around $60. 

Lol. i wouldn't even pay that for a legit pressing of any album.

By selling this at all for profit you're putting yourself at risk of lawsuit.  Making this period is a lawsuit.

But i'm conflicted. This could be the only way some records would even see light of day on wax. 

Guest jonpasqual

I'd never press something that already existed. And the reason price is so high is NOT to make a profit. It's to make these without worrying if the needle snaps. cause if that happens when pressing. you're out $300. Also buying vinyl since we don't physically know how to create vinyl only cut it can get expensive. 

Guest jonpasqual

looks slightly sketchy, but cool regardless count me in. can you guys do color?

yes. and ill take a better photo. I'll take a video in a few minutes.

I'd never press something that already existed. And the reason price is so high is NOT to make a profit. It's to make these without worrying if the needle snaps. cause if that happens when pressing. you're out $300. Also buying vinyl since we don't physically know how to create vinyl only cut it can get expensive. 

I get that. but regardless you know, as a vinyl collector, that $60 is high.