Instagram

I'm hooked on those daily vinyl challenges which made me think it would be cool if VC created it for one of the upcoming months. Stage Banter Podcast created October's, Vinylbox did last month's and I think Dine Alone actually did one not too long ago. I was thinking December since I'm sure a November list is being created right now. Anyone in? I actually made a list recently, but was going to delete it from my notes because I know nothing about design and wouldn't be able to create an awesome image for the challenge. I know a lot of you are design savvy and can whip up something cool once we settled on the daily posts. Here's what I have, but I'm sure a lot of the entries could be replaced. Also, free VC shirt to a random person at the end? I'll buy of course. Give me your feedback! Yay or nay?

1. Last Month's Favorite

2. Late To The Party

3. Third Album

4. Red Vinyl/Cover

5. Box Set

6. Dollar Bin

7. Seven Inch

8. Canadian Artist/Band

9. Live Album

10. Ten Inch

11. Bootleg

12. Twelve Inch Single/EP

13. Green Vinyl/Cover

14. Eight Song Album

15. Young Artist/Band

16. Best Sounding Album

17. Local (or nearest) Artist/Band

18. LBGT Artist/Band

19. Compilation

20. Gloomy Album

21. East Coast Artist/Band

22. White Vinyl/Cover

23. Female Artist/Band

24. Great Drums

25. Holiday Album

26. African American Artist/Band

27. Recent Purchase/Gift

28. One & Done

29. West Coast Artist/Band

30. Keyboard Album

31. Album Of The Year!

I've posted mine before, but @bhoussock

• 2 weeks later...

I use it pretty fairly, unless you're famous I won't follow you if you don't follow me. :P

Anyone who considers this a legitimate photography platform is over thinking it. Sure there are people who photoshop pics taken with a real camera before posting them on IG, but what's the end game? More likes? I've heard of people getting writing gigs from Twitter or acting gigs from Vine, but what's the benefit of having a ton of IG followers besides an ego boost?

I know this is a super old post, but just wanted to say - it really is a legitimate photo platform. Ive gotten tons of paid gigs through just having my email attached in my bio for companies to find me. 

Currently, I'm working with both Mazda and Polaroid on contracts that I got solely through posting on Instagram. 

Social media is huge for brand advertisement and Instagram is quickly becoming a way where a company can pay someone with thousands of followers to post something about their company. 

Typically, I get paid about $600 (plus free shit like clothing, bags, accessories) for each post about a company and I delete the content after 2 days because it no longer is relevant. 

I know this is a super old post, but just wanted to say - it really is a legitimate photo platform. Ive gotten tons of paid gigs through just having my email attached in my bio for companies to find me.

Currently, I'm working with both Mazda and Polaroid on contracts that I got solely through posting on Instagram.

Social media is huge for brand advertisement and Instagram is quickly becoming a way where a company can pay someone with thousands of followers to post something about their company.

Typically, I get paid about $600 (plus free shit like clothing, bags, accessories) for each post about a company and I delete the content after 2 days because it no longer is relevant.

I'm glad you, a photographer, can benefit from a free to use social media platform like Instagram. When I played music MySpace plays and friends got us showcases for labels. I get it. That doesn't mean everyone is going to use it the same way. With that being said, here's the last thing I posted on IG. I made no money off of this and will not be deleting it in 2 days.

tc2enswr.jpg

I'm glad you, a photographer, can benefit from a free to use social media platform like Instagram. When I played music MySpace plays and friends got us showcases for labels. I get it. That doesn't mean everyone is going to use it the same way.

To be fair, you did ask what the end game/benefit was of it other than to boost egos and gain likes, so just wanted to inform you  ^_^

To be fair, you did ask what the end game/benefit was of it other than to boost egos and gain likes, so just wanted to inform you ^_^

Color me informed. Who else here is stacking up tens of dollars via Instagram contracts?! I'll tell ya who, nobody! They don't have what it takes. You have gamed the system. Props.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...