Recommend me a badass "plate holder" to display currently playing albums

While this comment may seem self-serving, I have been collecting records for 20+ years and have never felt the urge to display the current record I was listening to.

But maybe you own one of those cool coffee shops where they play "vinyl". If so, disregard this comment.

Probably a social media thing. To each their own.

That was supposed to say "vinyl" with an s. There's a new coffee shop around the corner from me that has a chalkboard outside that says "Coffee, sandwiches, vinyl". After saying I had been to it, two of my friends asked me if they actually sell records. They do not.

edit:

It will not save vinyl with an s at the end here. I have tried multiple times now.

"Everything and anything pertaining to records."

By that mentality I could post something like... "Hey, who wants to see a video of me shoving a record up my ass?" in this section.

Though that seems to pertain to a record, it doesn't really. It would mostly be about... you guessed it, my ass.

This thread isn't about your records, it's about a "plate holder."

And "everything else" should pertain to everything else BESIDES record related discussions. 

If you don't like the topic, don't post in it. There are plenty of topics on this section I don't give a shit about but you don't see me going in there puffing my chest.

I don't think anyone is "puffing their chest" here. Personally, I just don't think this is in the right section of the board, so I wondered if maybe it should be moved. Cool your jets there, Kess.

I wanted to think of an example that was absurd, but got my point across, butts are pretty good at that.

This topic may be sort of dumb, and there are an awful lot of "do some cursory Googling for me and let me know what you find" threads, but I have wondered why some vinyl-related threads get moved to Everything Else. The vinyl board has developed a weird dynamic where conversation is very rigid and each thread is centered around when a PO goes up and who is selling what variant and what everyone's order number is. To an outsider it must look like a bunch of robots who have recently become sentient and are so far only able to communicate in numbers and tracking information. There's about a 50:1 ratio of threads that are just a link to buy something vs. threads that are just for actual discussion/opinions/rants/fun stuff. We all make fun of the people who do make those threads, but I'd take 10 moonbeams/crazybeats/kess threads over a single thread that includes the words Hot Topic Exclusive.

This topic may be sort of dumb, and there are an awful lot of "do some cursory Googling for me and let me know what you find" threads, but I have wondered why some vinyl-related threads get moved to Everything Else. The vinyl board has developed a weird dynamic where conversation is very rigid and each thread is centered around when a PO goes up and who is selling what variant and what everyone's order number is. To an outsider it must look like a bunch of robots who have recently become sentient and are so far only able to communicate in numbers and tracking information. There's about a 50:1 ratio of threads that are just a link to buy something vs. threads that are just for actual discussion/opinions/rants/fun stuff. We all make fun of the people who do make those threads, but I'd take 10 moonbeams/crazybeats/kess threads over a single thread that includes the words Hot Topic Exclusive.

Preach 

Haha!

Yes. And maybe I'm just being a whiner, but it bothers me that there are so many fucking Hot Topic threads too. 

I guess my main issue with this thread is that it's unnecessary because he could have popped into Small Talk or someplace like that, asked the question and gotten a ton of great responses. In fact,had that been the case, I probably would have even contributed some suggestions though I could care less about displaying what I'm currently spinning on a stand.

Whatever though, this thread exists, so that's all I'm going to say about it from here on out.

My suggestion to you, Kess, is to just get something that mounts on the wall, just a 12" long piece of wood with a lip, and mount it behind your turntable. Looks classy. Doesn't take up a ton of space. Accomplishes the job easily and efficiently.

It's not like I'm showing off the record to anyone but myself. I often like to look at the LP's cover art when listening to the music. I feel like it completes the package.

I'm not gonna mount em on the wall because I just got a new dresser that has plenty of room next to my turntable and receiver, and it seems fitting to fill that room with something like I'm talking about in the OP.