PC Hardware Question

Ok so...I'm not very smart when it comes to putting together a PC or even knowing whats what and whats good.

I'm looking to get a PSU for my girlfriend so she can finished her build. She already has everything except the PSU and ram. All pretty new parts too, within the year she has bought them.

My question...would any PSU work? I mean do I have to make sure its compatible with anything else? I don't wanna ask her anything, because I wanna surprise her with it. 

like this...would work right?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817171094

thanks for any help!

There's basically two factors you have to consider:

1) What formfactor does her PC/motherboard have? If it's an ATX board (or any derivative) you should be safe with the one you've linked to.

2) What power will be needed? This depends on the components she has built into her PC. 750W should be fine, but most likely even a less powerful PSU should work.

The real concern is making sure the PSU you're buying fits the case.

Something like the one you listed will power most anything you throw at it in a standard build.

she has a massive case, im not too worried about size...hm, computer talk.

ok cool, i know she stated a lower power, but I'm sure she gonna wanna throw more into it.

There's basically two factors you have to consider:

1) What formfactor does her PC/motherboard have? If it's an ATX board (or any derivative) you should be safe with the one you've linked to.

2) What power will be needed? This depends on the components she has built into her PC. 750W should be fine, but most likely even a less powerful PSU should work.

I found out her mobo - gigabyte ga-z77m-d3h micro ATX Intel

im just gonna get this sucker, thanks for help everyone!