Ortofon 2m series advice

Not true- Red/Blue are the same, Bronze/Black are the same.

I stand corrected, thought they were the same, oh well you live and learn

I will say... I've had the Blue for about 2 years now. I like it less and less.

I've never had one (hence the mistake) but I've heard a good few say they are a bit on the bright side

• 2 weeks later...

not sure it would be all that much work.  there are already devices that measure the speed of a platter.  once you know how fast it's moving, it's just a matter of tracking the number of revolutions and then some method of telling whether or not the stylus is engaged to get total travel/use time.

As far as telling whether or not the styus has made connection, that shouldn't be too hard either right?  a sloppy method would be to look at the position of the tone arm.  better method might be to monitor the cart output and just track time.

• 4 weeks later...

Not true- Red/Blue are the same, Bronze/Black are the same.

Man I wish I had read this yesterday! I had a 2M Red on my Debut Carbon and went out and purchased the 2M Blue... then spent a good three hours swapping them and trying to get it aligned properly. Are you seriously saying all I had to do was swap the stylus unit? Hahaha

For the record, the Blue sounds amazing! Now I just need to upgrade my Polk Audio TSi200's

• 4 weeks later...

I will say... I've had the Blue for about 2 years now. I like it less and less.

had the red, liked it enough.  Last few months I liked it less and less.  IGD became more apparent (to me) and I felt like a slight step up in price would be worth it.  Picked up the blue stylus a few months ago, dig it.  Improves on the reds faults, improves but doesnt solve.  Looking forward to the bronze in a year or two.