Framing Vinyl Records: Why isn't it safe?

Idk. Maybe I'm just weird.. But, framing the record in it's cover doesn't bother me at all. I look at it, and I know the album is in there. And, if anyone asks.. I'll tell them or whatever. It definitely looks lovely when both the cover and the record are displayed, though. :) But, I was also robbed once before, so I'm paranoid that if I had a rare framed gold record on my wall, ya know.... It'd be stolen, lol. So, I'm all for keeping valuable things ~incognito~ in that case. I just don't particularly mind either way, tbh. As long as you're displaying it how you waaaaant.

Typical thieves are definitely looking for Panic at the Disco records when they break in to houses. They could be worth hundred(s) of dollars! ;)

Typical thieves are definitely looking for Panic at the Disco records when they break in to houses. They could be worth hundred(s) of dollars! ;)

Especially if you leave the LP's inside the jacket/inside the frame/on the wall. If they knew what to look for it's a quick grab and it's off with a complete package. 

I do sense the sarcasm though. 

I have no opposition to people framing records even though I probably wouldn't do it. It just makes me cry tears that I can't get my hands on The Family Jewels for under $400 because kids are framing it and playing it on their Crosley's. I want that record and I want to spin in circles in a tutu while I listen to it.

I also feel this way about owning AFYCSO on vinyl, so it's basically just a jealousy thing on my end.

You worded this perfectly. I couldn't find a good way to say this so I held off. I really want AFYCSO and if I do find it then it's way up there in price and I just want to play it and I feel like crying when I see it up in a frame being unplayed.

But it's not mine, it's theirs and i can't decide what someone does with their record. So yeah, a jealousy thing basically.

You worded this perfectly. I couldn't find a good way to say this so I held off. I really want AFYCSO and if I do find it then it's way up there in price and I just want to play it and I feel like crying when I see it up in a frame being unplayed.

But it's not mine, it's theirs and i can't decide what someone does with their record. So yeah, a jealousy thing basically.

Haha! I'm glad you get it.

Also, Brock...it happened.

When a record itself is displayed like it's a gold record plaque or something... People would probably take a wild guess and assume it's worth something and take it in addition to whatever else. Regardless if they know who the heck Panic! is or not. Haha. I don't want to feel guilty about having my copy and choosing to frame it, though. :( I DON'T KNOW! Don't hate me. At least, rest assured that the record means a lot to me and I didn't just buy it to frame it because "eh why not? it looks kinda cool"

I contend that this person used an attractive woman as a profile picture to not incite hate here. Pretty girl = pretty nice reactions.

If the picture was anything else, all you assholes would have let loose. 

She's definitely a real person and while you seem like you have solid logic...Lahispute or whatever her face was did not get treated very nicely and she was a cute girl. SoooOOoooOOooOoooo.

I contend that this person used an attractive woman as a profile picture to not incite hate here. Pretty girl = pretty nice reactions.

If the picture was anything else, all you assholes would have let loose.

Oh, wow....... Awkward. That is not the case at all, lol. But, thanks for the compliment? :P

There's always that one person who has to point that out. I'm pretty sure she added the avatar later and you're probably making her feel weirder than anyone treating her better because of a picture :P

Whatever Shelby, I'm tooootally treating her better cause she's a girl.  :rolleyes:

(p.s. luv u boo)

And, lol yes. I understand that Panic! At The Disco records are not that valuable to a lot of people. To be honest, I do feel a little bad because I probably shouldn't even be starting a small collection of records anyway since I own a Crosley Cruiser of Death. But, I know that I'll eventually get a nicer player, and I'm happy to snag these albums I love at low prices while I can. 

For all of the above reasons, I don't wanna ruin AFYCSO by playing it. So, I'm choosing to keep it framed for the time being. 

She's definitely a real person and while you seem like you have solid logic...Lahispute or whatever her face was did not get treated very nicely and she was a cute girl. SoooOOoooOOooOoooo.

Having sound logic and being recognized for it is the greatest compliment one can receive. I recall Lahispute, maybe a cute pic was present, but I think she wrote stupidly and sounded dumb. So perhaps my original premise should have included the proposition that "nice, pleasant and decently written posts" by attractive-lady-profile-pictures get fair treatment around here.

There's always that one person who has to point that out. I'm pretty sure she added the avatar later and you're probably making her feel weirder than anyone treating her better because of a picture :P

Why would it make someone feel weird? Experience in society suggests that attractive people get treated better by the general populace. Why would the internet be any different?

When a record itself is displayed like it's a gold record plaque or something... People would probably take a wild guess and assume it's worth something and take it in addition to whatever else. Regardless if they know who the heck Panic! is or not. Haha. I don't want to feel guilty about having my copy and choosing to frame it, though. :( I DON'T KNOW! Don't hate me. At least, rest assured that the record means a lot to me and I didn't just buy it to frame it because "eh why not? it looks kinda cool"

you cray.  i have art hanging in my house worth money.

when my house was broken into not only did they not touch the art on the walls, they didn't touch my stash of unframed art.  they did open one box of unframed art and turned down a 200 dollar White Stripes print right one top.

what the thieves did take was every useless electronics in my house.  broken ipod, broken laptop, the fucking remote to my ancient DVD player.  most people don't break in and look for records.