Framing Vinyl Records: Why isn't it safe?

I had a double-LP in a frame. The first LP overlapped half of the 2nd. I took it out to sell and it seemed absolutely fine. I sold it and shipped it. It was packed with extreme care in bubblesleeve made for LPs and multiple cardboard inserts, the records bookending the jacket. Somehow first LP, that overlapped the 2nd in the frame, arrived completely cracked.

So the first lp played perfectly fine before you shipped it Deep Blue? That sucks it arrived cracked to the buyer! If it played without problems, that is great to know.

I never tested it after removing from the frame. It looked great. It could have been the overlap in the frame that made the record susceptible to damage, but it could also just be that USPS was rough with it. Anyway, I have a buddy who had the same record without a sleeve, so the guy is getting everything in the end. I refunded him as well.

I have a high end Misfits record that was purchased by someone who kept it framed. It plays great.

If you frame something, just make sure the glass used on the frame is UV resistant glass in order to ensure the item being displayed won't suffer from UV damage (e.g. fading colors, etc.). You obviously want to make sure you "mount" the record in the frame in a manner which ensures it's not crammed into the frame or compressed. Any professional frame shop can make custom frames for this type of display. As I said before, the most important part is the quality of glass used on the frame and making sure it's high-quality and UV protectant.

Guest jonpasqual

Agreed. That looks rad haha. I framed a record that I received warped in the mail:

(The record is a bit crooked in the photo)

2hi6v41.jpg

but like, if its not a signed copy of the limited to 125 first pressing on pink splatter. why frame it?

Screen_Shot_2014_08_17_at_8_02_18_AM.png

but like, if its not a signed copy of the limited to 125 first pressing on pink splatter. why frame it?

You are a failure and that's not a tour copy so you're not even impressive.

/s

Haha! Jon, you are not impressive indeed. If you read the thread, I framed a warped copy of the hotelier. The only reason I'd really frame a record. Also, autographs are lame. (Unless you're into that sorta thing)

xoxo

Corey

I clicked on "image bar", typed my url off my pics, clicked post, and nothing. I still must be doing something wrong. I shouldn't have to upload them to fb first. 

I clicked on "image bar", typed my url off my pics, clicked post, and nothing. I still must be doing something wrong. I shouldn't have to upload them to fb first. 

24djadz.jpg

This is just one of them. The Operation Phoenix (white vinyl) is super rare.