Sleep - The Clarity - "A thread just for this."

• 2 weeks later...

I really can't wait to find out if these new album rumors are true. I know it was mentioned on a fairly reliable website (can't recall which right now) that there are new albums coming form both Sleep and Om but I wonder if something were simply lost in translation during the reporting and this single may have been mistaken for a new album. We already have plenty of evidence from multiple sources that Om were recording in the last year but we only have some cryptic close up shots of instruments and mixing boards from Sleep which may very well have been taken during the Clarity sessions.

If there is a new album I really hope they go to great lengths to capture the feeling of Sleep in a live setting. When I saw them this past August they were amazing and the feeling of hearing them blasting from a stage was just immense. I really hope a new record would accurately portray that live feeling. Holy Mountain was a glorified demo production wise and every incarnation of Dopesmoker/Jerusalem has a very quality live feeling but that's a recording that's nearly 20 years old now and it still sounds awesome.

more info from Sleep's FB:

"Continued pressings of The Clarity vinyl will be made available for order starting tomorrow. Black and green will be available on our web store, and a limited clear edition will be available from Southern Lord. Stay tuned for links."

1500 copies of the clear. wonder if they will just keep repressing the green and black.

more info from Sleep's FB:

"Continued pressings of The Clarity vinyl will be made available for order starting tomorrow. Black and green will be available on our web store, and a limited clear edition will be available from Southern Lord. Stay tuned for links."

Now the collector scum in me wants to know if the clear will be more limited than the green.

Sounds like it.