Pretty much this. I've been on the road more often than not over the past couple of months and it's truthfully been really hard to balance both traveling for Foxes in Fiction and all the handiwork / shipping associated with Orchid Tapes. Usually we can handle all this stuff fine, but yeah. I'm working to get all the remaining orders out (save for Mister Lies cassettes, something fucked up majorly with them) over the next few days though.

Sorry things are so unpredictable and unorthodoxed at the moment, it's been making me feel like a crazy person with an out of control life. I'll get back to everyone's emails and resolve all existing issues that are ongoing in time. Definitely going to be thinking to make some changes to the way things are structured soon so that we don't run into this issue again, it's no more fun for us than it is for anyone waiting for orders. Thanks for the love and support everyone.

thanks for the update!

cant wait to get my first orchid tapes package in, seems like its going to be alot of fun with all the little extras that come along with the releases. the anticipation on getting a copy hasnt been too bad, its just the fact that once i know im getting a physical copy of something i refuse to listen to the record all together until it is in my hands, which has been difficult since its such a good album haha

call me strange but i think its more special that way

While we're begging, anybody wanna let their Race tape go? It's all I need left.

Saw Alex in London a couple times while he was over. Talked to him also, v chill guy. Had no shirts for sale unfortunately, but the gig in the Sebright Arms with Girlpool was one of the best I'd been to in a long time.

While we're begging, anybody wanna let their Race tape go? It's all I need left.

Saw Alex in London a couple times while he was over. Talked to him also, v chill guy. Had no shirts for sale unfortunately, but the gig in the Sebright Arms with Girlpool was one of the best I'd been to in a long time.

Did you grab that GUID v2 compilation tape?

Hey guys my account is alive again ♡

Hope the tour went well warren and that you're not too stressed out with everything on your plate! Stoked for brown horse and OG to arrive <3

Did you find out what happened?

Hello sorry I've taken so long to share the art I made, my scanner's been acting funny so I'll probably just take some photos of it tonight.

Also does anyone know the setting Warren uses on his photos like ISO, and stuff because they're so beautifully washed, and dreamy

Just post-process them with VSCO or something

Finally got the Foxes in Fiction and Bilinda Butchers records I ordered.  The FIF record was shipped loose in the box (as in not in a sleeve at all, just the record bouncing around in there).  It appears to be in OK shape, but of the hundreds of albums I've ordered this is a first.  I guess they didn't want the printed inner sleeve to get splits because ultra nerds would whine about that.  If you want to avoid the whiners you can buy a couple hundred cheap white sleeve's to ship the album in, don't leave it loose in the box.

Was there anything wrong with it? Seems like you never have anything good to say about Orchid Tapes dude. Just endless criticism.

Just keepin it real unlike you OT fanboys. I like the music so I place orders, I am not gonna dick ride just because of that though. Does it make sense to you to send an LP loose in a box? If so then keep up your crusade!

Edit: also, no nothing appears to be wrong. But when I opened it the LP was wedged between the top of the box and the spacer they use, so had my mail man opted to be less than friendly with the box it could have easily snapped.

Did any of you guys that ordered the Robert Loveless tapes hear back if he had any other ones/ever get the tapes in?

Nope, I ordered the Loveland Band tape and asked if he'd had any others but no response.

Finally got the Foxes in Fiction and Bilinda Butchers records I ordered.  The FIF record was shipped loose in the box (as in not in a sleeve at all, just the record bouncing around in there).  It appears to be in OK shape, but of the hundreds of albums I've ordered this is a first.  I guess they didn't want the printed inner sleeve to get splits because ultra nerds would whine about that.  If you want to avoid the whiners you can buy a couple hundred cheap white sleeve's to ship the album in, don't leave it loose in the box.

Strange, but I've often ordered records where the vinyl itself is outside to avoid it damaging the record sleeve inside. The OG inner sleeve is super nice tho so makes sense. It could have been a mistake but I believe the OT record mailers are custom made, so you can't say they don't at least try take care of their shipments.

Just keepin it real unlike you OT fanboys. I like the music so I place orders, I am not gonna dick ride just because of that though. Does it make sense to you to send an LP loose in a box? If so then keep up your crusade!

Didn't know a fanboy meant being understanding of delays and a huge workload. I'm not sure what I'm crusading for other than the fact that you're just a constant complainer. I don't think I've ever seen you say anything positive. I recommend this book for you though, I have it and it's very good. 20120823-093138.jpg