Didn't know a fanboy meant being understanding of delays and a huge workload. I'm not sure what I'm crusading for other than the fact that you're just a constant complainer. I don't think I've ever seen you say anything positive. I recommend this book for you though, I have it and it's very good. 20120823-093138.jpg

Don't start with delays. I've literally waited patiently for over a year for a record before. The speed at which they actually ship out records once they are in stock? You're goddamn right I will complain. If you have too many orders to fulfill with 1-2 people, guess what? It's time to hire some more fucking employees or put on a pot of coffee. I understand this is a 2 man operation, but they still took our money just like any other business. It's expected that they should respect us just as much as we respect them.

I don't complain just for the sake of complaining. These guys are never going to become a better company if all they ever hear is "omg I can tell you put your heart into it so that's all that matters!" They seriously need to go talk to people like Jeff at RFC about how to evolve as their popularity grows and the dude at Enjoy the Ride about how to pack a record.

Calm down dan your record wasn't even damaged man!

And waits dnot bother me too much anymore so I'm not sweating the rob tapes yet

This time, dude. This time. If the label didn't make it obvious that they read this forum then I would've emailed them to let them know it was a silly idea. But since I know they read this, and they are likely backed up for weeks on emails since their releases take ages to get shipped out, I posted here. I'm not mad. Just irritated that this thread seems to be only for praising the label when they aren't even doing everything right. It's ok to critique a service in hopes that it becomes better, that's why even huge corporations making millions print survey codes on their receipts.

Come on Justice, don't deny your fandom of OT! lol

But to be honest I see where you're coming from DantheRiverman. I think it's important to understand that the guy running the label is also a working musician. I mean the dude just put out a freakin' album. It only makes sense to tour after an album is released. I was pretty frustrated too with the delay and you probably more if you guys ordered DSU and what not but those shipping delays from the factory itself not only took Orchid Tapes by surprise but other record labels as well. So the lay over on those records bled into the Foxes in Fiction release as well... He had to play wait + catch up + the opportunity to tour with a prestigious act from Final Fantasy... can't really blame the dude. Yea I felt burned that he had my 20$ in his account to go out and tour, and I never really got to listen to the music I ordered from a business, does it suck? hell yeah it does I don't think any of doesn't think it sucks. On top of all the above he switched over to those new boxes since people were complaining about dings and shit. If your record came in jacked up I'm like 99.9% sure Warren would make it right with you. That is the ultimate plus side with dealing with small business. He knows exactly who his customers are and you know the guy is stressed out at this point balancing all this. I'm surprised he hasn't had multiple panic attacks by now cause I know I would've. Trust me Dan, shit will get back on course, I think he comes to these threads because he can find some sort of solice here compared to the shitty anon messages he doesn't always post on Tumblr. He'll come through man, I can feel it. We just gotta keep in mind there were many different factors that played into the delay, not just one particular miscue. 

Everyone chill the fuck out and drink some white tea!

Ontario Gothic vinyl and Brown Horse came in today!! Thanks infinitely for the kind message on the cover Warren ♡ also, I was really surprised and stoked to see that the back cover photo, the blanket and pillow in window light, is the photo print I received with my copy of Boring Ecstasy :D that photo really gives me some feelie feels man.

Just received Ontario gothic as well. Just as dantheriver said, the packaging was kind of overwhelming. My post lady marked it as damaged, and I feared the worst when I saw the huge dent it took in transit..but to my utter disbelief everything was mint! The actual vinyl wasn't in a sleeve, but it's condition was actually better then some packages I've received IN sleeves. It was definitely luck of the draw I guess.

To be fair, i did see the orchid tapes guy post a thread here a while ago about shipping records in sleeves. So that's a step in a great direction.

Finally got my Ontario Gothic/Brown Horse/Ex-Confusion in. I can for sure understand why the packaging would freak people out (probably would have for me if I hadn't read it here first) but it was executed well enough that I don't see there being many problems. Also holy crap what a fun thing to open, so many nice things inside. Like there's definitely a reason this thread is so full of praise. 

Ok fanboy moment. I just saw that Swung From the Branches is getting a 2xlp re-release! I'm like super happy and super sad! I'm sad because I don't get paid until Friday but I'm happy this is finally getting a vinyl release. My then gf now wife made me a mix tape 4 years ago and fucking Jimi Bleachball was on it! Ahhh!! Hopefully everyones equally as broke as me so we can all buy this all at the same time :D

Fanboy out. 

Ok fanboy moment. I just saw that Swung From the Branches is getting a 2xlp re-release! I'm like super happy and super sad! I'm sad because I don't get paid until Friday but I'm happy this is finally getting a vinyl release. My then gf now wife made me a mix tape 4 years ago and fucking Jimi Bleachball was on it! Ahhh!! Hopefully everyones equally as broke as me so we can all buy this all at the same time :D

Fanboy out. 

Is this happening now?

Received my Ontario Gothic today.  I bought another copy last month when I saw him in concert (because I didn't want to wait any longer) so now I have two copies: green and blue. Does anyone want a copy (blue has been played 3-4 times, green so far unplayed). $30 + shipping (sorry if that seems inflated- it cost $33 total to ship to Canada, not trying to rip anyone off). PM me if so (and check my references on Discogs if need be - same name there).