"Sorry, there are no “THE BILINDA BUTCHERS - HEAVEN (2nd pressing) - Black vinyl” left. All others are either sold or being held in other buyers’ carts. Buyers have 10 minutes to checkout, after which it may become available again."

kill me

Pretty sure they're just cart held, someone checking the total

(just checked it worked for me)

grabbed heaven and ontario gothic because i'm tired of missing out on these ridiculously limited pressings.

Meh, they aren't that limited for a small label

Got HEAVEN and all 3 tapes!!

Meh, they aren't that limited for a small label

Got HEAVEN and all 3 tapes!!

150 copies is insanely limited considering there is a much larger demand and it can actually cost more to press in more limited quantities. there are countless small labels who do 500-1000 copy pressings.

150 copies is insanely limited considering there is a much larger demand and it can actually cost more to press in more limited quantities. there are countless small labels who do 500-1000 copy pressings.

Yup.  Really don't get the 150~ pressings when they inevitably sell out very quickly.  $1,005 for 100 records or $1,255 for 300.  It's obviously different for represses, but still.

http://files.gottagrooverecords.com.s3.amazonaws.com/files/2014/02/150-GRAM-PRICE-GRID.pdf

if you've never tried pressing a record, don't make assumptions about the cost of one. it costs nowhere near 1200 to press 300 records, and also most of these bands wouldn't sell out of their copies if it werent for the fact orchid tapes X bedroom pop is a cult, one that im proudly a part of, but a cult nonetheless

if you've never tried pressing a record, don't make assumptions about the cost of one. it costs nowhere near 1200 to press 300 records, and also most of these bands wouldn't sell out of their copies if it werent for the fact orchid tapes X bedroom pop is a cult, one that im proudly a part of, but a cult nonetheless

Then disregard the numbers I pulled straight from Gotta Groove.  The point is still the same, the more you press, the lower the price per record.  

Also, obviously those numbers are not accounting for jackets/inserts, but I assumed that was a given.

The only reason they're that limited is because we did a *big* order but the majority of them are going to the band for tours, and we were in a position to only be able to press so many at the time of ordering, and we could't really wait because they needed in time for their tour. So that's where we're at ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The only reason they're that limited is because we did a *big* order but the majority of them are going to the band for tours, and we were in a position to only be able to press so many at the time of ordering, and we could't really wait because they needed in time for their tour. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Are you saying that you ordered more than 150 copies of the Heaven repress?  I'm just a bit confused with your wording.  Either way, thanks for the clarification.

Mhmmm we ended up doing closer to 350, but the majority of them are going to the band.

wasn't the first pressing only 250 copies? so, ~600 copies across two pressings for a band that's getting really popular? still pretty limited, in my opinion.

don't get me wrong, i'm a big fan of handful of your releases and wouldn't even have heard them if it wasn't for your label, but its just a major turnoff knowing that i have to be stalking the internet during the first week of pre-orders just to get my hands on a physical copy. nor can i really recommend friends to the webstore because there isn't anything left for them to buy most of the time. myself and a handful of others would have gladly bought that Bilinda Butchers album six months ago had the 250 copies not sold out before most of us even had a chance to listen to a digital copy.

wasn't the first pressing only 250 copies? so, ~600 copies across two pressings for a band that's getting really popular? still pretty limited, in my opinion.

don't get me wrong, i'm a big fan of handful of your releases and wouldn't even have heard them if it wasn't for your label, but its just a major turnoff knowing that i have to be stalking the internet during the first week of pre-orders just to get my hands on a physical copy. nor can i really recommend friends to the webstore because there isn't anything left for them to buy most of the time. myself and a handful of others would have gladly bought that Bilinda Butchers album six months ago had the 250 copies not sold out before most of us even had a chance to listen to a digital copy.

I'm definitely on the side of "press more than 250~ records", but I think he implied it wasn't fiscally possible for them to order more than the amount that they ordered right now, and the bands needed them for a tour, so they couldn't hold off.  That makes sense.  

no, i totally get that. but surely that can't be the case every time they press something. like i said, the first pressing of Heaven was like 250 copies, sold out insanely quick (before most people had a chance to discover the band), and took six months to launch another really small pre-order.

couldn't that have been avoided if they pressed more the first time around?

Come on man, Bilinda Butchers didn't sell out that fast. I would know because I was one of those who bought it toward the end of it's PO life before it sold out... I know what you mean though, without enough of a taste of the full album you were skeptical about buying it blind. But luckily for me I was a fan of their old works to know it was gonna be legit

you're right, it looks like it took about a month for it to sell out; however, it was during the week of the album stream that it sold out. so its very possible that the majority of those copies were scooped up by already existing fans of the band and label. which is cool and that's how the world works, but it also shut out a lot of others who were willing to buy it at the time.