Foxes In Fiction is the only band I've listened to from this label, but I'm glad I ordered Swung From The Branches and the second pressing of Ontario Gothic. Very relaxing music that I thoroughly enjoy.

Oh man you gotta get on that Bilinda Butchers tip if it isn't sold out yet. Great dudes and solid music consistently. I've been following them for years.

Oh man you gotta get on that Bilinda Butchers tip if it isn't sold out yet. Great dudes and solid music consistently. I've been following them for years.

I'll give them a listen. Would you compare them to anyone?

It's still available, so I'll make sure to give a listen tonight. Thanks for the tip.

Heaven is a terrific album and they're fun live. Just saw them a few nights ago and met them. Really chill dudes.

I'm seeing them next month for the first time (sometimes living in VA sucks) and I'm so excited. I don't exactly know who to compare them to, I think they're pretty original. I guess sometimes you can hear the influence of The Radio Dept. coming through but I wouldn't even say that happens very often, especially with their newer stuff. Heaven tells such a heartbreaking story it made me cry the first few times I listened to it. It definitely should have been on more end-of-the-year lists.

I messaged you, warren, about the discount and my previous POs :)

Oh hell naw bruh, you better eat those costs, BACK OF THE LINE! (Yo but seriously OT aint no Wal Mart that'd be pretty distasteful to ask for the discount on previous POs especially since some of the releases are sold out this is completely different than asking for a combined shipping and what have you)

Sincerely Yours

-Defender of Small Labels  ;)

Great work dude, I really dig this.

Thank you very much I'm not super proud of it I'm only super proud of French Kissing at the MoMA and The Virigin Suicides,

Also you're local get your tickets for Elvis Depressedly, Alvvays, and Alex G and Liars on March 22nd:

http://www.dadadallas.com/event/785895-spillover-music-fest-2015-dallas/

Oh hell naw bruh, you better eat those costs, BACK OF THE LINE! (Yo but seriously OT aint no Wal Mart that'd be pretty distasteful to ask for the discount on previous POs especially since some of the releases are sold out this is completely different than asking for a combined shipping and what have you)

Sincerely Yours

-Defender of Small Labels  ;)

Here's my response to that:

I love Orchid Tapes and have supported them in the past on multiple releases and frequently continue to support them. I'm also broke as hell. I got the Foxes in Fiction records on a whim because they were recommended to me. They aren't sold out. I got them very quickly after they were announced. A 25% discount is really substantial and it came out late in the game. Basically, you're saying I should punish my wallet for supporting the label quicker as opposed to holding off and hoping for a discount or something. I don't agree.

I love Orchid Tapes and have supported them in the past on multiple releases and frequently continue to support them. I'm also broke as hell. I got the Foxes in Fiction records on a whim because they were recommended to me. They aren't sold out. I got them very quickly after they were announced. A 25% discount is really substantial and it came out late in the game. Basically, you're saying I should punish my wallet for supporting the label quicker as opposed to holding off and hoping for a discount or something. I don't agree.

Would any other label really do that for you? Fuck no. Absolutely not. Should OT? No. Not at all. You ordered before the sale, tough fucking luck dude.

Sometimes labels do sales/discounts for reasons other than to just have you save a couple bucks. For instance, they might have needed to make back their money they've put into the release and it's been selling slow and they're trying now to get more sales. Would refunding you help their financial issue in this made up situation? Nah.

There's multiple reasons labels may have sales, the details aren't important. Quit bragging about supporting a label if you don't even want to stand by what you supported them with, aka the pre-order. Asking for money back is lame.

Actually other labels often will apply a discount if you order before one comes up and the PO is still happening. Because anyone could just cancel their order and re-order. 

Sorry that you're all getting your panties in a bunch over this. I don't have all the money in the world, and the money I do have, I'll support small labels. If there are discounts to be had, though, it's fair that I get them as a regular supporter. Warren can do whatever he wants in this scenario but he should trust that by scratching my back, I'll continue to scratch his as releases go on.