Seriously though, doesn't the grocery store oolong tea and dollar store japanese hard candy and five second personalized note get boring after your first order?  My first orchid tapes order (and only order, actually) was a while ago and i remember being surprised at the contents and thinking it was pretty cool.  But the same personalization (commercial tea/candy) must lose it's appeal after you receive 5 orders with the same exact thing.

Kinda, but it's their standard packaging and label staple. If they added an option to receive orders without them of course no one would opt in so they could save out on a couple bucks, but then the label loses its DIY and personalized novelty aspects. What makes orchid tapes so special to loyal customers (well, at least for myself) is that all this very personalized stuff is included to show their appreciation for their customers. If warren just slapped the orders in a mailer with no thought I'd definitely buy fewer releases. Maybe I'm just a sap, but getting mail from orchid tapes always feels like a care package- like something I'd receive in the mail from a friend or family member. I do wish warren would get a couple friends to help him package things more quickly though; I don't have complaints about the price of orders just the very slow shipping speeds.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone receive.. anything... in the past couple weeks? I filed a Paypal claim on my Heaven/Angeltown I+II order on the 7th (too late to file one for Swung From The Branches) and haven't heard anything from Warren. Nor have I received anything from the other couple orders I placed with OT. Bummer. 

Anyone receive.. anything... in the past couple weeks? I filed a Paypal claim on my Heaven/Angeltown I+II order on the 7th (too late to file one for Swung From The Branches) and haven't heard anything from Warren. Nor have I received anything from the other couple orders I placed with OT. Bummer.

You haven't even received Swung From The Branches yet? Holy shit

You haven't even received Swung From The Branches yet? Holy shit

Nope. Of the 4 orders I placed since December the only one that has arrived is New Alhambra.

I've sent emails and received nothing in return except mass emails re: Swung and DSU. 

Sucks how much back catalogue stuff I want from them because I won't be ordering again. 

My roommate ordered the Katie Dey tape and didn't get an email just got the email.

I've never seen it if it has been, but I think I remember reading something about it before.

Looks like there are more fox academy tapes up for those that missed out on it.

I think it is also a reaction to our release of their latest EP: https://ztapes.bandcamp.com/album/elsie 

Btw these guys are so awesome, never had such smooth preparation of cassette. ;)