but like

those are limited-run, sought after releases that a bunch of people thoroughly enjoy from start to finish and would love to have physicals of and you just grabbed 'em without listening? :o like katie's tape is only twenty minutes too :o

I really don't see anything wrong with doing this (unless it's just with the intention of flipping) - I do it all the time with OT releases since I'd rather hear them on tape or vinyl first. If I didn't like them I could always trade them / sell for cost in this thread. Guilty of doing this with both of these releases and the wait was totally worth it.

I really don't see anything wrong with doing this (unless it's just with the intention of flipping) - I do it all the time with OT releases since I'd rather hear them on tape or vinyl first. If I didn't like them I could always trade them / sell for cost in this thread. Guilty of doing this with both of these releases and the wait was totally worth it.

Well if you're super familiar with the label and the type of music they usually release it's less of a gamble/random purchase and more of a sureshot for something you'll want and like you said when you're active in the collective community then it's really easy to get it in the hands of someone who would enjoy it if you don't

And I would give warren a break about communication and stuff. I imagine there's a mountain of messages weighing him down; i can't imagine the stress 

I really really want to, but the main issue is money, that and I don't want to dump $120 on tapes nobody buys!

I know this is a dumb question but if I look at various labels to release this would they charge me?

I would hope not, I run a label and I don't charge artists. I'd be down to release this on cassette tbh.

I really really want to, but the main issue is money, that and I don't want to dump $120 on tapes nobody buys!

I know this is a dumb question but if I look at various labels to release this would they charge me?

I'm not sure if this might resonate with you millennials but have you heard of the term, "working musician" before? lol

lol so the guy that I bought the Virgo Indigo tape from sends me the Marietta and modern baseball split instead. After a year of searching and this happens wtf

he probably accidentally mailed yours to someone else and gave you someone else's.. someone just got really lucky and randomly opened a fog lake tape haha 

Just one thing guys. I know Warren personally and I knew Tyler personally. Taking care of all orders can be stressful. Especially when you are depeding on other people, or postal service, or printing, etc. Then it is hard to make everything working. One man job (maybe two with Brian) it pretty hard and you make mistakes. If you are disappointed do not order anymore tapes, but do try to flame them. I do not know how many of you run labels, but I do and I know how freaking hard it is to manage it. Even one release. Not couple of releases together with mastering and own shows. I am glad Warren did not give up like Tyler did and I admire him for that. And I will always support him, because we are just people and we do mistakes, forget things. We are not machines. That's all I wanted to say. I wish you all the best and thank you for sharing our releases. Any exposure means a lot to us. 

Sending love from Slovakia,

Filip from Z Tapes & start-track

Just one thing guys. I know Warren personally and I knew Tyler personally. Taking care of all orders can be stressful. Especially when you are depeding on other people, or postal service, or printing, etc. Then it is hard to make everything working. One man job (maybe two with Brian) it pretty hard and you make mistakes. If you are disappointed do not order anymore tapes, but do try to flame them. I do not know how many of you run labels, but I do and I know how freaking hard it is to manage it. Even one release. Not couple of releases together with mastering and own shows. I am glad Warren did not give up like Tyler did and I admire him for that. And I will always support him, because we are just people and we do mistakes, forget things. We are not machines. That's all I wanted to say. I wish you all the best and thank you for sharing our releases. Any exposure means a lot to us. 

Looks to me like a bunch of people are disappointed with his lack of transparency, which doesn't take much time at all and alleviates a lot of supporters stress of thinking they're throwing money away for nothing. That in turn would lighten his own stress if emails are indeed stressing him out. Personally, when I'm stressed at work it's normal because it's work.

This is what I keep trying to express as well. What warren's doing is difficult as hell. 

Repress Jackie Trash please

I do not know how many of you run labels, but I do and I know how freaking hard it is to manage it. 

No one is saying it isn't difficult.  But this is the stuff that separates successful labels from labels that fizzle out and crumble.  Just because it's hard and you're on tour doesn't mean you can hold people's money for 4+ months with little to no communication.  Everyone here is chill and very understanding.  But there comes a time when you have to realize you're not doing things right if people have no idea what happened to an order they placed in February.  Labels like Topshelf and RFC were once one and two man operations.  As they grew, they made up for it by paying people to take care of stuff for them.  It looks like OT isn't doing that.