Yeah I was pretty chill about it for the first 3 or 4 months because it is difficult. I get it. Warren is one person and with Brian it's still a tonne of work. But now I'm waiting on one record I ordered December 2014 and another (+tapes) I ordered in January. And now in a week Paypal is going to take SOME of the money back which sucks because I don't want money I want records and tapes, that's why I am on this message board and why I have more LPs than dollars. And they seem to find enough time to put out new releases with my money, yet no response ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I know this is silly to being up, but didn't warren say that they'd be repressing Boring Ecstasy and The Love Songs this year? I know he's busy with other new and exciting releases at the moment but I don't know I was pretty excited for those represses!

I think that idea was put on the back burner for a while. They repressed DSU and Heaven but never got to Boring Ecstasy and Three Love Songs like they said they intended. And since it's been so long I wouldn't count on it too much, they've taken on multiple new vinyl releases since announcing the repress decision so I'd be surprised if it happens anytime this year. Another run of TLS would be amazing though, that's the main vinyl release I'm missing from them.

Repress Jackie Trash please

jackie trash cassettes are not sold out. the band have all of them and I am not able to get them back from them. I did one mistake with this release. i trusted them they will take care of shipping them (wanted to save money of people that way). turned out to be the silliest idea. I hope I will eventually get hold of them. this is also one thing that I have learned doing cassettes. never rely on someone else.

Also sorry guys for such long post. I just do not feel like blaming him, but you are right. Until everything is shipped out, nothing new should be published. I hope it will change in future.

I hope I will be able to avoid such things n future, because I have already done similar silly things with orders and I am feeling shameful. I hope I have made things right at the end. With the new releases I am trying to be as professional as I can be. Btw if you have any good tips running label, feel free to message at [email protected] or add me on facebook (FIlip Zemčík)

Also sorry guys for such long post. I just do not feel like blaming him, but you are right. Until everything is shipped out, nothing new should be published. I hope it will change in future.

I hope I will be able to avoid such things n future, because I have already done similar silly things with orders and I am feeling shameful. I hope I have made things right at the end. With the new releases I am trying to be as professional as I can be. Btw if you have any good tips running label, feel free to message at [email protected] or add me on facebook (FIlip Zemčík)

I saw that Fog Lake mentioned that a Canadian tour was in the works for August. Will he have tapes with him? If so, you should do a tour edition tape :) Thanks!

I saw that Fog Lake mentioned that a Canadian tour was in the works for August. Will he have tapes with him? If so, you should do a tour edition tape :) Thanks!

I don't think I will be able to send him tapes before tour. The shipping is taking too long. But he will get some tapes from the release. So he will have it with him next time. Unfortunately we started working on cassettes too late. We had in plans releasing second issue of Victoria Park, but Orchid Tapes will probably do it. But who knows ;) Maybe next time, we will do something special. But it is not very cheap to tapes in Europe. It's better to do it in USA or Canada.

Is anyone else still waiting on Ontario Gothic repress??? I still haven't gotten that or my Brown horse & both Angeltowns. I emailed but no response :( also i messaged RL Kelley and got an initial response but when I check back i am ignored, does anyone know what I should do? 

I did get my Fog Lake tape last week at least

Is anyone else still waiting on Ontario Gothic repress??? I still haven't gotten that or my Brown horse & both Angeltowns. I emailed but no response :( also i messaged RL Kelley and got an initial response but when I check back i am ignored, does anyone know what I should do?

I did get my Fog Lake tape last week at least

Damn, that's seriously so much money to spend to not receive anything and consistently be ignored. He seems pretty active on Twitter. :)

Not technically Orchid Tapes related i guess, but I finally decided to take the pricey dive into the vinyl editions of RULES and TRICK just came in and I am so stoked right now :D I know you guys know the feel. i have wanted this moment for a very long time  :wub:  :wub:

They are amazing!! For some strange reason they sent me 2 copies of trick, 1 dsu, and 1 rules with my order. I only ordered trick and rules haha as i had the orchid tapes dsu. I'll take extra vinyl tho hahaha!

Only sort of Orchid Tapes related, but the Spencer Radcliffe LP is up for pre-order and you can listen to the new son 'Mia' here. Probably one of my favorite songs we've ever released. 

http://www.stereogum.com/1819906/artist-to-watch-spencer-radcliffe-mia-stereogum-premiere/franchises/band-to-watch/

http://www.runforcoverrecords.limitedrun.com/products/556402-spencer-radcliffe-looking-in

Hey guys, I don't read / post here much anymore, but I'm just gonna copy the email I sent out to everyone who ordered the Alex G record a little while ago, hope it explains the radio silence and delays on my end a bit.

"This is Warren of Orchid Tapes. I’m just sending a group email out to those that purchased one of the last run of Alex G records we did on pre-order, I know a few of you have emailed me independently but it’s just best and easiest right now if I just message everyone all at once to give you an update. I’m sorry that I fell a little bit out of contact over this stuff lately and didn’t really give any information regarding the status of everything, this is a little embarrassing to disclose but a lot personal matters in my life have kind of gone to shambles lately and for a good deal of last month I was functionally homeless and unable to access any of the work stuff that keeps the label running smoothly, and in dealing with certain pressing matters a lot of contact / email stuff fell behind pretty drastically. For that I’m sorry and I hope you guys can understand where I’m coming from. Running a label entirely on your own really demands that you be there 100% for it every day and over the past little while that just wasn’t possible.

With all that said, these should be getting out very soon! Another issue that was encountered with this batch of records is that when I got them from Alex during the middle of his previous tour *every single jacket* of the 100 that I was owed was damaged from rough shipping between our plant and him, so I’m presently waiting on a shipment of replacement ones so I don’t have to send anyone records that look like garbage. As soon as that happens these will be going straight out.

Let me know if you have any questions or if there’s anything I can do to make this delay less sucky. I think a couple people’s orders charged pack through PayPal and that’s fine, if you feel like working something out once the replacement jackets arrive and these are set to go just let me know.

Sorry again about all of this, I appreciate all of your business, support, patience and understanding.

Sincerely,
Warren"

xo feel free to email me if you've got any thoughts or questions. I'm still trying to get caught up on emails but if you want a more immediate answer just send something to [email protected] or [email protected]

Thanks for updating everyone Warren, I feel this so hard. I've been just completely in the gutter with personal issues and have been entirely unable to work on label stuff for the past month or 2. It's a super stressful job running a label solo and honestly if things aren't "Mint/VG++" in regards to mental and physical health then it's disgustingly too easy to fall behind and before you know it you have a stack of things to do that you don't want to look at that seem completely insignificant compared to your "real life" problems. Totally understandable that people want refunds, but don't give up on this great label, so many great things have been put out that have really opened my interests. I know Warren will make it all right.