25 minutes ago, Green Tea Papi said:

I doubt it, it's not a super popular LP expect among Alex super fans

I don't think this is accurate....Up until DSU, RACE was Alex's most known work, specifically for Gnaw which was his most shared song in the early years. His bandcamp page has over 700 paid supporters listed for RACE and we all know how sought after the /100 cassette has been for the past half decade. Contrastingly, I think that descriptor would be fitting for Winner, which while a truly great album didn't receive the same response from listeners. RACE is just FULL of classic pop songs. 

1 hour ago, Green Tea Papi said:

I want a collection of B-sides and rarties

Nintendo 64
Break
Cards
Cold

I could go on and on.

Also it would be fun and cool for them to finish 420 love songs.

I would be the happiest person alive if they finished 420 love songs, and maybe even put out a few comp tapes for it as well. Also, RIP that old unreleased Alex G Bandcamp page, I miss it dearly 

Edited by Thuglifethor

32 minutes ago, parkinglot said:

I'm not one of the super intense OT/Alex G collectors/fans but I seriously believe Alex is one of, if not the most talented songwriter of the past decade or so.  He writes the best melodies/hooks ever, song after song after song.

This post makes more sense than anything I've ever read with my eyes

2 hours ago, Green Tea Papi said:

He's this generation's Elliot Smith

I wouldn't go as far as to say that, although when I recommend him to friends and they ask for a reference point, I usually lazily say Elliot Smith. So I guess that thought has definitely crossed my mind, even when I was writing the post here earlier.

He's not this generation's elliott smith because this generation has no elliott smith. I mean alex is literally my favorite music of the past half decade but even I can't compare him to elliott's impact on music. Although I do also use Elliott has a familiarizing point for material like half of Beach Music since it seems Elliott has been a huge influence on Alex's approach occasionally 

• 2 weeks later...