Yeah it's so beautiful. I was bummed that it  wasn't put up. Apparently warren is going through a tough time and is losing interest in OT (according to some of his past tweets) but he was telling people it would be up any minute last night,  but that didn't happen. Hoping for today.

Edited by alllexm

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I think it is now time that we give up on Orchid Tapes. Yes, they did have some strong releases back in 2013/14 but at this point Warren is just flat out untrustworthy. Not only did he seemingly cause Fog Lake to push their album release back, he also has provided absolutely ZERO info on the tapes, when they are coming, or if they are even being made. Not only are we paying a premium for tapes whose j-cards are literally just folded photo stock, we are having to wait over 3 months to even possibly get them. This isn't a new thing either it became a serious problem following DSU. I know how long it takes to produce and ship 150 tapes (well more like ship 50 since they aren't even selling since the label is giving them zero support online) and at most production should be 3 weeks.

Artists need to realize that at this point it is more detrimental to their careers to continue working with this label. I am so much more hesitant to ever buy something from an artist as long as they are working with Orchid Tapes. I know this might make some people upset because of how much they love the music Warren has released, as do I, but you can not deny his business practices are ridiculously unprofessional.

I know this isn't a good enough reason  to delay everything but recent tweets from warren have shown that he's dealing  with really bad depression and that he's just not passionate about the label anymore. So keeping that in mind i feel less annoyed because depression is real and hard to shake off. That being said he should stop promising things that are not going to happen.

Yeah definitely a mix of both posts about this. He's gone through a bad break up, dealing with the anniversary of the death of his brother, and is just dealing with tons of shit if you look at his twitter. But then he'll also be talking about the album he's helping mix/master, with absolutely no mention of Orchid Tapes releases in production or shipping. Currently waiting for 4 things from him, not sure if I'll ever get them because I'll have to change addresses soon and I don't think he'll even respond if I try to reach out about it. It's understandable, but also very unprofessional and pretty disappointing in the end. Hoping there's a return to form somewhere down the line, but for now I'm hesitant of how things go from now on. 

I understand when people are going through things but this is not a recent occurrence.  Every order I have ever made from him has taken an obscenely long time to ship and I never get any response from the email. At one time this caused my order to be lost because he shipped it to my old address 7 months after ordering and 2 months after telling about the move.

The guy makes amazing music and must be a great mixer since so many artists come to him for that, but he is horrible at running a business and he should not be given a free pass when he won't even respond to any questions and just pretends like they don't exist and go on with his life. I think the biggest thing is artists need to stop working with the Orchid Tapes side of him. I could not imagine being Fog Lake and having finished this album late last year and the guy releasing it physically STILL hasn't done so after taking up money.

On 4/13/2017 at 9:46 AM, OrchidTapesIssues said:

I could not imagine being Fog Lake and having finished this album late last year and the guy releasing it physically STILL hasn't done so after taking up money.

I feel for Fog Lake.  They went on a breakout tour across Europe with Foxing (!!!), and obviously had no music to sell.

But yeah, this board has been giving Warren free passes for years now.  There must be something in the tea.

Edited by parkinglot

2 hours ago, Sunshine said:

I'm waiting for my apology for fucking with you guys now. This label has always been terribly run; I'm so fucking happy I actually get better quality pressings for cheaper in a timely manner now that RFC/Joy Void took over.

Logical, constructive criticism of the label was met with pitchforks in here. Shit was crazy. 

• 2 weeks later...

Sent an email about the Dragonchaser cassette and got a response April 13 about it.

I sent your tape out some time ago but a couple of these seemed to have been getting lost in the mail with the last shipment that I sent out. I’m just away from home / NY right now but I can dispatch a new one once I get back if you would like. Just let me know.

Said he would send another one. Haven't received anything. Super bummed too, this album is my favorite thing to come out so far this year.